Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

why do we have to tip?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 44>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 7 Votes, Average 3.86  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 6:07pm
I wouldn't have a problem sitting next to someone who doesn't tip well. My problem would be dining with someone who complains of everything to the waitress. I am not interested in eating food that the cook and the waitress spit onDead
Sponsored Links

nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 6:15pm
I tip waitress 20%
Beautician 10% or more

I'm not tacky. It's a must
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

If you choose not to tip your at-home beautician, then that's on you

but if you don't tip a waitress although there was no problem with the service, I'm judging hard

mhm.. 

ppl who dont tip bother me. 

i was gonna ask the other day in RTs if id be wrong to tell someone i dont wanna/like to go out with them cus they dont tip 

We all have our thresholds.

I went to chipotle with a dude...it was the first time we'd gone to a fast food place together. We're leaving and this negro took almost all the forks and one of the stacks of napkins. Like, it actually needed to be refilled.

That caused our first argument that afternoon. Just that one act told me everything I needed to know about him.
Blac1Chyna View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote Blac1Chyna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

It's not basic to question why we do it.

Not like tipping is some basic human function.
She wants to know why we do it.

That's not basic

I disagree

girl bye. take your fake bougie ass out of this "basic" thread then
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 6:23pm
Most people only do it cuz society says/out of habit
That seems more basic to me

If bad tippers weren't looked down on, I highly doubt most would give the extra cash
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 6:24pm
That's why I do it.
I tip my 20% out of good manners.
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 6:26pm
I talk to management but saying a customer who is there for a service should consult management sounds weird.
They shouldn't have to go out of their way bc service was subpar

Most customers don't say anything and leave unsatisfied and don't return
That's with most everything
Blac1Chyna View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Blac1Chyna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 6:28pm
I will tip $2-5. sorry but all u did was bring out food, refill my drink a couple times and that's in ur job description. if you want any more than that become the manager. im sorry if that sounded rude but damn they really be expecting sh*t
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 6:32pm
I can see how requesting to speak with management and putting some one on the spot can be uncomfortable for some and it puts the burden of service on the customer who was there just to have a nice time.

I don't mind speaking up where my money is concerned but I can see how some ppl just choose to voice their opinion by nor returning or leaving a poor tips.

Even though that only hurts the server.

This is why surveys and follow ups are nice for some
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 6:32pm
Bad service: I'm not tipping and everything is going to be comped or I leave.

Regular service: If all you did was fulfill your basic function (take my order, bring the food, not f*ck up, etc) to complete the service then I tip, but only because I have to. This is why I think people should just get a regular wage, no tipping expected.

Exceptional service: Example that has literally happened, I felt faint and had to run to the bathroom to throw up and knocked over drinks and my meal. When I got back from the bathroom it was cleaned up and they brought me a new meal to go, and had already gotten my car from valet. They got a 50% tip. I tipped because I wanted to and would have done it even if they were receiving a regular wage.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 44>
  Share Topic