BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

why do we have to tip?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 50>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 7 Votes, Average 3.86  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 6:24pm

I like going out to eat and I like to tip

I like to tip for any good service....not just going out to eat

so maybe that's why I don't see the issue

Edited by SamoneLenior - Jun 29 2014 at 6:25pm
Sponsored Links

jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 6:26pm
I talk to management but saying a customer who is there for a service should consult management sounds weird.
They shouldn't have to go out of their way bc service was subpar

Most customers don't say anything and leave unsatisfied and don't return
That's with most everything
Blac1Chyna View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Blac1Chyna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 6:28pm
I will tip $2-5. sorry but all u did was bring out food, refill my drink a couple times and that's in ur job description. if you want any more than that become the manager. im sorry if that sounded rude but damn they really be expecting sh*t
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 6:28pm

and that is bad

people should complain

how is it weird to say your service sucked?

are people worried about being mean? your waiter wasn't worried about being an ass but you are worried reporting their poor performance?

Edited by SamoneLenior - Jun 29 2014 at 6:29pm
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 6:32pm
I can see how requesting to speak with management and putting some one on the spot can be uncomfortable for some and it puts the burden of service on the customer who was there just to have a nice time.

I don't mind speaking up where my money is concerned but I can see how some ppl just choose to voice their opinion by nor returning or leaving a poor tips.

Even though that only hurts the server.

This is why surveys and follow ups are nice for some
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 6:32pm
Bad service: I'm not tipping and everything is going to be comped or I leave.

Regular service: If all you did was fulfill your basic function (take my order, bring the food, not f*ck up, etc) to complete the service then I tip, but only because I have to. This is why I think people should just get a regular wage, no tipping expected.

Exceptional service: Example that has literally happened, I felt faint and had to run to the bathroom to throw up and knocked over drinks and my meal. When I got back from the bathroom it was cleaned up and they brought me a new meal to go, and had already gotten my car from valet. They got a 50% tip. I tipped because I wanted to and would have done it even if they were receiving a regular wage.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 6:39pm

I like when people speak up for themselves when they feel they have been wronged

you can be polite and respectful and still get your point across

what happens a lot is this becomes a pattern for people and they are reluctant to ever call someone out when needed
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 7:11pm
i tip well.  i judge people who don't.  shrugs.
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

Most people only do it cuz society says/out of habit
That seems more basic to me

If bad tippers weren't looked down on, I highly doubt most would give the extra cash
am on the minority then
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 7:20pm
didn't see southerns comment.  i tip because i know how the service industry works.  i factor the extra cost into the experience before going out if i am to be "served". 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 50>
  Share Topic