BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

why do we have to tip?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 44>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 7 Votes, Average 3.86  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 5:26pm
1. Yes if a server makes 20 dollars after working 8 hours (it happens) the company has to make up the difference in minimum wage. A lot of places tell you if you dont claim more or get better tips they will fire you.

2. Servers get tipped because we deal with the demandds, we are the face, if something happens we get blamed, cursed yelled at and fired first. We have to entertain the kids while apologizing to the next table for the noise. Tipping is a thank you in my eyes.

Minimum wage is not required because of you are walking out with 150 and up we still get taxed o that that comes out of the little 100 dollar pay checks
Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 5:28pm
Dome serers are HORRIBLE and of i eat out i let them know i do it to and that they need to improve.

Waiters are like strippers that keep their panties on. We are selling a fantasie and luxury (or supposed to)
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Don't servers have to share their tips with the bar, bussboys and hostesses?

And then theres this, we have to give the most money today i made 300 15 went to the bar 45 to bus boy and 15 to the hotesses

Everyone makes money off of us. Some nights the busboy eaves with the same amount as us
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 5:40pm
I think tipping should be reserved for service above and beyond expectations.

People should be paid a living wage and the cost of that should be reflected in the price we pay for the service.

I don't like being expected to tip for basic services, like taking my order and bringing the food or completing my manicure without hurting me, etc.
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by Blac1Chyna Blac1Chyna wrote:

they already get paid, why do they act stank when they don't get extra? you're doing whats in your job description. isn't that what you signed up for? I mean I do it, but I just get irritated by the expectation. you knew how much youd be getting paid when u agreed to the job soooo

and they expect too much from you too. If you tip $5 for a meal of $30, it is not good.
If you tip your hairdresser $20, it is not good.
If you tip $5 to your manicure, it is not good.

My sister works in the financial market. She thinks tipping is bs. She likes to say "if those people want to get tipped, they should study and work in a big company so they will get BONUSES".
After she said that, it made sense why rich people never tip.

Thing is, she never really worked a job that tips can help out, and I did, so I think people should be tipped based on performance. You do a sh*tty job, nothing. You do good, $5. You do great, more, depending what was the job, how much I already spent, etc. I am not giving someone $20 when my meal was $50, no sir.

I noticed that in some places though, the waiter/waitress looks at me aphrensive because they think I won't tip or will be a low tipper. I have seen actually some waiters/waitresses rush to my table as soon as I got up to check how much I left, and at those moments I felt like I should have not left anything.

Edited by sexyandfamous - Jun 29 2014 at 5:57pm
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 5:55pm
It's not basic to question why we do it.

Not like tipping is some basic human function.
She wants to know why we do it.

That's not basic
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

I've seen a $40 delivery charge ordering from eat24

Nah I'd rather go for it or have someone go for it

Guess this is why sexy famous wrote a book because the OP comes off different than what blacchyna meant

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

If you choose not to tip your at-home beautician, then that's on you

but if you don't tip a waitress although there was no problem with the service, I'm judging hard

mhm.. 

ppl who dont tip bother me. 

i was gonna ask the other day in RTs if id be wrong to tell someone i dont wanna/like to go out with them cus they dont tip 
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 5:59pm
I don't like that a friend of mine is a terrible tipper.
I tell her she needs to do better.

She just does it to be super cheap bc she really spends on any and every thing else smh
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 6:02pm
thats how my friend is too jones.. 
she doesnt tip at all and she has it….. and spends on other things. 

shes gonna have to stop that.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 44>