Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

why do we have to tip?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 44>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 7 Votes, Average 3.86  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Bottom line while y'all out here not tipping make sure you aint frequenting the same places.....you don't fuk with food service.....they will remember yo face and serve you the special......

i want to be remembered for greatness!!!!!!!!!!!!  not f*ckery!  lol

Right me and Mr00 go to Uncle Julios all the time.....the waiters always speak because they remember us....they will come by our table and chat too.....I refuse to not eat my steak fajitas and cilantro free guac cause Im a petty tipper.....Cry....it aint worth it...I have a few ex-server friends that have made me a great tipper. 
Sponsored Links

EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

pity i love going to places where they know my name/face and what/how i like it.  love it.

I do want it to be my CheersLOL
I have tried to support my new hood...the black owned dry cleaners has already disappointed me. sigh...i try
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

I wonder how some of yall treat cashiers and sales associates..............or anyone providing you a service

I dont think because someone is tipping averse means they treat the workers badly.

Personally, im afraid to cross anyone dealing with my food. Embarrassed I'll be patient when i see the restaurant is busy but that fear wont stop me from voicing my displeasure while being polite. More bees with honey than vinegar and all that jazz. I say please and thank you and good day. Im nice to them esp the ones in the chinese wholesale cause i know the Jamaican public not always easy.

Ive cancelled orders, walked out leaving carts (not full) with groceries. ohhhhhhhhhhh Subway Oaklands has the worst wenches!! but i was interacting with the couple that owns the franchise in Jamaica for years and didn't even realise. I snitched something wicked!!!!!! She even asked me to go in and get names and email her so she could build a paper trail lol. I visit the other 2 more than that horrible one so i didnt.

Sales associates are the ppl in macy's, the ppl at the beauty/perfume/jewellery counter in department stores right? We just call them workers. I dunno ive never seen the clothing store folks in any altercation. or even cashiers for that matter but i dont really shop. 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 3:40pm
TC if you like sushi and thai food....Sesame Inn in Oak Lawn has the best pad thai.....when we go the waiter tell us our order.....I can't not tip him....the owner Bruce knows my whole family.....

Have you ever had Zed451? Im thinking of taking Mr00 for his CPD graduation....and its a reception contender....

Im hungryCry
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 3:40pm
Yes thats a good way to think about it.
Everyone likes an incentive.
So they either give you a little extra or make thenings extra nice bc you tip.

THere is this bar we frequent and they already know how I like my drinks.

Ppl remember good tippers positively and it shows.
They remember bad tippers too.

Which is why I hate when my friend skimps on the tip.

Even take out just put a little something in the jar.
Chipotle knows my order by heart and knows not to skimp on my steak and corn salsa

Edited by jonesable - Jun 30 2014 at 3:41pm
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 3:41pm

Bottom line while y'all out here not tipping make sure you aint frequenting the same places.....you don't fuk with food service.....they will remember yo face and serve you the special......

i want to be remembered for greatness!!!!!!!!!!!!  not f*ckery!  lol

Right me and Mr00 go to Uncle Julios all the time.....the waiters always speak because they remember us....they will come by our table and chat too.....I refuse to not eat my steak fajitas and cilantro free guac cause Im a petty tipper.....Cry....it aint worth it...I have a few ex-server friends that have made me a great tipper. 

aint' that the best??!!!! girl, we used to have a waiter there...who would have our swirls on deck before our azzes hit a seat.  lol.  she was a student.  she has moved on now...Cry 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 3:42pm
SL I come from a retail background so Im that person that will stop and refold shyt that I unravel.....I know the struggle.....
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 3:42pm

Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

Yes TC, it was a lawyer that wrote the article. BUT the tip is still separate from the gratuity. and i dont nec. trust that the restaurant owners pay over the gratuity or if they do they may take a cut. Id prefer to deal with my waiter/ress who ive interacted with and let the service charge take over the rest of the crew.

ahhhh ok.  hmmmm...so i am assuming workers there don't have to pay taxes on tips they receive either, yes?

I dont think they do. I believe they pocket it. but there may be restaurants that they have to declare all tips and then divide it up. But i have no friends to ask.
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 3:44pm
I hate when ppl leave stores a mess.
Thats just tacky but your things back in place.
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 3:45pm

lmaooooooooooooo.
samone i'm like that too.  i tip very well when the service is exceptional.   but 20% is standard for me if even if the service is just meh, because i mentally already baked that into the price before deciding to go out.

I do this too.
I also tip more on smaller tabs. My GF thinks I'm crazy for that.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 44>
  Share Topic