Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why Do Poor People "Waste" money on Luxury Goods
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Why Do Poor People "Waste" money on Luxury Goods

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15161718>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 2:06pm
Whoever did the first chart you posted (Noney) separated Cars and Trucks from Transportation which makes it look like we spend more specifically on those.   Transportation is a Top 3 in all other charts and the number is in line with the rest of the country. 
Sponsored Links

noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 2:10pm
but again, foxx. i personally don't see what difference the comparison makes when black people are most affected by poverty, have the least amount of wealth and are least likely to recycle our money. 

Edited by noneyons - Nov 12 2013 at 2:11pm
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 2:15pm
Why did you post the first chart then?LOLCryDead

I guess you're saying that we (blacks) don't spend our money the way we should.   If we live in black neighborhoods AND we have money to spend it would be better to spend in our own communities. Let's just agree. 

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 2:16pm
Every now and then I make some nigguh purchases but I can afford those and they won't break bank
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 2:16pm
What communities are Kmart, Walmart and Family Dollar considered part of?  We need to buy all of themLOL
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 2:17pm
wayment, you think i posted the (first) chart as a comparison? it had nothing to do with how "others" spend their money. i really don't give a sh*t how they spend it tbh. 

the link for the second chart was because you asked for a comparison. 
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 2:22pm
Noney your chart wasn't different from the overall chart.  If it was not compared people would walk away going oooo, ahhh look how differently we spend our money when that is NOT the case.  I thought you were making the point that OUR values specifically are fckd up when it comes to spending when the comparison show they are the same.   Not that either is good, but that they are the same and "normal" by American Households. 

I do agree that it would be better if we spent our money amongst ourselves.  I'm not sure what else there is to say. 
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 2:23pm
I actually WISH the charts were vastly different.  To me it symbolizes our need to assimilate in American Culture which to me = bad. 
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

I actually WISH the charts were vastly different.  To me it symbolizes our need to assimilate in American Culture which to me = bad. 

and that's pretty much the bottom lineHug

trying to keep up with the jones' when the jones'  keep building their wealth and metaphorically we don't even have a collective pot to piss in.

this is why i'm losing faith.

Edited by noneyons - Nov 12 2013 at 2:28pm
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 2:34pm
for general emphasis:

Money circulates zero to one time within the black community, compared to the more than six times it circulates in the Latino community, nine times in the Asian community and unlimited amount of times within the white community

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15161718>