Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why Do Poor People "Waste" money on Luxury Goods
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Why Do Poor People "Waste" money on Luxury Goods

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 18>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MsBMW View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsBMW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 9:41am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

Samone this is when you need one of those calculators that tell you how much you need to make depending on where you live.   It was the first thing I checked when I moved to MD for a new job.  I made sure my salary was comparable but even the cost of groceries was ridiculous to me.   I had to cut down on fresh produce significantly because I was not used to paying that much for lettuce.  SMH.    

DMV area is no joke but I love it here lol

I remember when I was in hs and the median household income for McLean, VA was 150k or a bit lower

I don't know what it is now
300+ plus...per couple....
Sponsored Links

SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 9:55am
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

samone shops for clothes 5 days a week

lmao I wish

when I was in grad school I would go shopping 3-4 days a week

but I don't buy designer items lol

nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 10:32am
Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

not my money, not my life, not my concern *shrugs*

...I care more about how the govt and big corporations who actually have an impact on my life are spending money.
exactly
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 10:52am
when poor people spend money on luxury goods, they contribute to fattening the pockets of big corporations AND the government by proxy so shifting the blame in a case like this is really weird imo

kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 10:58am
Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

when poor people spend money on luxury goods, they contribute to fattening the pockets of big corporations AND the government by proxy so shifting the blame in a case like this is really weird imo

What chu mean noney?  Cherry was talking about what impacts her and how.  Poor people buying luxury items with their tax returns should carry the blame for corporate ownership of our government? Unless you mean the poor people give the big corporations the money to buy our government.   I don't follow. 

Edited by kfoxx1998 - Nov 12 2013 at 11:03am
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 11:05am
@noney-my point was that on a very basic level, I'm more concerned about the way govt's (at least over here) continue to make life difficult for the poor (increased energy bills, increased university fees, spending taxpayers money on xenophobic campaigns against immigrants, not enough money spent on job creation for youth  etc.) than whatsherface down the road spending 2k on a louis v handbag...that's just not my business.

Edited by CherryBlossom - Nov 12 2013 at 11:05am
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 11:10am
maybe it sounds callous or something but I really dgaf what people (with no influence on my life whatsoever) do with their own hard-earned money...if I ever started thinking like that, I'd seriously have to get my life.CryLOL

govt's and big corps though (cos we know the two have always been in bed with eachother) are answerable to me cos they deal with money on a huge scale (some of which belongs to me as a taxpayer) and have massive influence over our lives...that's when I start caring about money.

Edited by CherryBlossom - Nov 12 2013 at 11:15am
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 11:19am
that is exactly what i mean, foxx. poor people making unnecessary extravagant purchases sustain the unfair system. they are a link in the chain.

i don't care what people do with their money either. but i have a hard time taking them seriously when they cry foul in one breath and contribute to the disparity in the next. 
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 11:26am
I get that I just don't understand how we're always dancing in the margins on this issue.  Our expectations of poor people is extremely high while our expectations of the powerful seem non-existent. 

Poor people for the most part spend their money on housing expenses (food, shelter, household, gas, etc) anyway but we're worried about those infrequent extravagant purchases creating corporate owned government and bigger business?  

Seriously, we in the middle class are the economy.  Poor people just work here (or not)LOL
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 11:44am
i hear you fox. i'm not giving the big corporations a pass, what i am doing is arguing the importance of taking personal responsibility over the things we DO have power over. 

the property value in poor neighborhoods are worthless (for example) because we spend our money on the other side of town, pumping our tax dollars into building their infrastructure, renovating their schools, revitalizing their neighborhoods.

i could give a million different examples of how we give away our power and cry foul when it bites us in the ass. this perpetual victim sh*t is getting played out imo. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 18>
  Share Topic