Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Why Do Poor People Waste money on Luxury Goods

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 16>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2013 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by stardaqueenb23 stardaqueenb23 wrote:

Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

I rather spend $50 on some bomb ass foundation than bar drinks.....
Have you tried Marc Jacobs Genius Gel or YSL Touche Eclat foundation? Both are my new holy grail knocked my MUFE HD on it's ass.

Word?  i've been looking for a new foundation.  My MUFE has been sliding off my face lately.  I might have to roll thru sephora see if I can get a sample or summin'.

as far as the topic.  I feel alot of people touched on valid reasons.  I do feel that this ....is emotionally based.  When I feel bad or stressed I eat or shop.  It's so hard to get out of that...especially if you feel your never going to come out of poverty anyway no matter how much u save.   I've heard folks on my job talk about the bit of change they have after some bills are paid...and now with the new Health Care...alot of them feel they are being taken to the cleaners even more and don't know what they are gonna do. Save what?

Edited by newdiva1 - Nov 11 2013 at 10:38pm
Sponsored Links

HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2013 at 10:31pm
Lmaoo it wasn't her home. Damn I'm trying to find it. She stood on a street corner lml damn cc as I type it does sound sus
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2013 at 10:37pm
^lol I understand.

...did she travel in an old beat down van too?LOL
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2013 at 11:54pm
Too much *&%^$#@Eedupedness in one thread.
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 12:32am
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

Originally posted by stardaqueenb23 stardaqueenb23 wrote:

Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

I rather spend $50 on some bomb ass foundation than bar drinks.....
Have you tried Marc Jacobs Genius Gel or YSL Touche Eclat foundation? Both are my new holy grail knocked my MUFE HD on it's ass.

Word?  i've been looking for a new foundation.  My MUFE has been sliding off my face lately.  I might have to roll thru sephora see if I can get a sample or summin'.

as far as the topic.  I feel alot of people touched on valid reasons.  I do feel that this ....is emotionally based.  When I feel bad or stressed I eat or shop.  It's so hard to get out of that...especially if you feel your never going to come out of poverty anyway no matter how much u save.   I've heard folks on my job talk about the bit of change they have after some bills are paid...and now with the new Health Care...alot of them feel they are being taken to the cleaners even more and don't know what they are gonna do. Save what?

I'm eyeing the Marc J one. The YSL concealer to not the foundation......
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 12:34am
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

Whats all this hogwash about spending your own money at the bar

Girl I was finna say.....I'm already tipsy hen I hit the door the bewbs do the rest
Merin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Merin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 7:27am
That was an excellent article. The title made me think it was going to go one way but reading it changed my mind.
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 7:39am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

50k a household is not middle class

okay. 
you're in research so you'd probably know.. 

these places said it was around there.. its not upper middle class but according to different sources in some of these links, many studies say its middle class. (some put it on the lower end, some don't.. some go down to 35k) 

(not the most credible typically.. but their source is msnbc) 

eta, of course it depends on where you live.. but i think most places say its around 40-70k.

Edited by coconess - Nov 12 2013 at 8:22am
patternsandtexture View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote patternsandtexture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 7:51am
Who wants status more rich people or poor people? Poor people of course and these expensive things give meaning to them, that they have achieved another level. It's about show and tell, not what you actually have and values. Humans are superficial we like bonding showing we have status or we made it. Being a good person gets you no merit, but your own merit. You have 30 and 40 year old men and women with low self esteem and destroyed images of themselves.

So of course you are gonna have this culture persist.
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 8:30am
Most of the "poor" people I know "waste" their tax returns on the luxury of transportation (buying a halfway decent hooptie).   The rest end up catching up on bills they haven't been able to pay all year and paying back people they owe money to and get back to zero.  If they can squeeze in a computer for the kids or a decent TV so that everyone isn't crowded around a 19 inch tube I'm okay with that. 

But in our world we like to focus on the extremes ($2500 purses and such). 

Everyone in this thread has probably splurged on something they could have done without but didn't want to.   The simple act of paying more for shipping because you don't want to wait is foolishness (GuiltyEmbarrassed)
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 16>
  Share Topic