Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why Do Poor People "Waste" money on Luxury Goods
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Why Do Poor People "Waste" money on Luxury Goods

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 18>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2013 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

someone needs to post that new drake video "worst behavior"...it's hilarious in how poseur it is...along the same vein, why do rich people pretend to be the opposite?

idk how to post wshh videos

To get people to buy into their brand. They maintain their wealth by creating this ideal or image that they are in the same struggle as you or at the very least can relate to what your going through. This is something done by politicians and rappers.

Sponsored Links

india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2013 at 4:11pm
We need a topic about the working poor . I know exactly how that feels . I only judge people for the most part that allows kids to go without , but purchase expensive items to look good . Anyone that drives a luxury car but lives rent free with the parents should be ashame . Home ownership should be more important in my op. I only read a few paragraphs .

You never know unless you live it . We all could be poor in the blink of eye . The republicans are buying time until the President leaves office . I work since the age of 16 and fear what could happen , no matter how well you plan for retirement . JMO   

Edited by india100 - Nov 11 2013 at 4:11pm
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2013 at 4:11pm
people hang their hat where their hand can reach,

for some, "good times" are fleeting so they yolo

they can't buy a great house or great vacation or freedom from work TODAY but they can reach a belt or purse

eventually it'll click that if they hold off they can get the luxuries that matter long term

jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2013 at 4:11pm
Bc they want to have that" common touch"...

Poor ppl lie and say they are middle class and rich ppl lie to say they are middle class.while the middle class is shrinking.
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2013 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

I waste more money on food than anything

but I have to eat right? Cry

Me tooooooo.

I know  my poor self super enjoyed the sushi lunch I just had.

But I have to eat...may as well be something good. I'd honestly rather spend on food than designer items though. I get more out of a good meal.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2013 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

rap music told them to 
nigguh please
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2013 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

We need a topic about the working poor . I know exactly how that feels . I only judge people for the most part that allows kids to go without , but purchase expensive items to look good . Anyone that drives a luxury car but lives rent free with the parents should be ashame . Home ownership should be more important in my op. I only read a few paragraphs .

You never know unless you live it . We all could be poor in the blink of eye . The republicans are buying time until the President leaves office . I work since the age of 16 and fear what could happen , no matter how well you plan for retirement . JMO   

Ashamed maybe, but comfy definitely.

jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2013 at 4:15pm
You drive a luxury car Maysay?

I'm surprised I thought you were Ms Frugal Mcdugal.

I didn't expect a hoopty but maybe something " sensible"
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2013 at 4:18pm
I find these topics a bit hilarious on bhm

It shows the underlying classism and how people behave towards those they think are poor than them. Some of the threads in the past have showed this, with comments like "1000 dollar shoes 50 dollar outfit" in the past whilst conveniently forgetting that poor is a synonym for black

And I also find funny that no one wants anyone to tell them what to do with their money but would happily tell someone they perceive poor what to do with theirs

And poor is subjective

As you were
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2013 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Ashamed maybe, but comfy definitely.

LOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions