Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - why do churches turn a blind eye to fornication?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

why do churches turn a blind eye to fornication?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 8:22pm
When I went to church, I'm not sure there was a blind eye to fornication. When one of the members of the choir got pregnant outside of marriage, they sat her down and she wasn't allowed to be a part of any of the service.

They preached against it. I remember a lot of sermons about getting over the spirit of lust. They just didn't crusade against it. That's usually reserved for other "sins" like homosexuality.
Sponsored Links

herwoman View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote herwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

When I went to church, I'm not sure there was a blind eye to fornication. When one of the members of the choir got pregnant outside of marriage, they sat her down and she wasn't allowed to be a part of any of the service.

They preached against it. I remember a lot of sermons about getting over the spirit of lust. They just didn't crusade against it. That's usually reserved for other "sins" like homosexuality.
Yep that's old school church. Back in the day they called in backsliding, basicly if they could see you sin, no choir for you, no usher board, no missionary...no nothing. The old mothers would get you in a corner or at the grocery store lol and it was a wrap. The old mothers been saying "have a seat."
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by Josephuss Josephuss wrote:

Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

At op serious question, if a fine Black/Asian woman said let me smash. You wouldn't have sex with her?
no but sex isnt bad just outside of marraige

Josephus, do you masturbate? Is it okay by the Bible to masturbate?
Josephuss View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josephuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 9:40pm
No bindy i dont masturbate. It creates unhealthy thoughts and puts you in the mind set to fornicate. I only ejaculate through the occasional wet dream
tropical-punch View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropical-punch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 9:49pm
churches are turning a blind eye?
Katrenia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katrenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 9:59pm

Originally posted by Katrenia Katrenia wrote:

Jo, are you still working with the witnesses??
Don't they disfellowship you for "getting it in" outside of marriage??

I don't think church blind eyes fornication, many churches try to teach a way of life where it isn't acceptable. First the church has to draw the sinner in and you can't draw them by condemnation.
yes i am and they do disfellowship for fornication while other churches ignore it all together or do nothing

I understand keeping God's house clean however we are imperfect beings and if a mistake is made it's between that person and God. 
We do have the ability to repent if we are truly making a change. 
I just don't understand confessing and explaining my sins to the elders. I Doubt the watchtower committee will stand in for anyone during judgment.

Religion can be hateful, it separates and I doubt that was Jesus' intention.
OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 10:01pm

No bindy i dont masturbate. It creates unhealthy thoughts and puts you in the mind set to fornicate. I only ejaculate through the occasional wet dream

That sounds miserable. Ouch

I went to a Christian school that would kick girls out of school if they got pregnant. I found this extremely stupid and raised the point to my Bible teacher. The boys were never expelled. 

Also seems kinda anti-Christ like to preach down to or ostracize people for sinning...since we all are considered sinners according to the Bible. You would think the church would embrace those who sinned as they would need support and guidance more than anyone. You can do all of that without condoning the sin. That's what JESUS would do. 

......some churches serve themselves...not Christ. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic