Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Why didnt anyone tell me? Drake Graduates HS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 2.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why didnt anyone tell me? Drake Graduates HS
    Posted: Feb 25 2013 at 12:25am
Idk if this is a repost but idc.. its news to me. i had no idea... 

Drake, 25, Graduates High School

Drake at the Songwriters Hall of Fame 42nd Annual Induction and Awards at The New York Marriott Marquis Hotel - Shubert Alley on June 16, 2011 in New York City.Drake at the Songwriters Hall of Fame 42nd Annual Induction and Awards at The New York Marriott Marquis Hotel - Shubert Alley on June 16, 2011 in New York City.Credit: Gary Gershoff/Getty Images

It's a little late, but actor/rapper/singer/songwriter Drake can now add one more thing to his resume: high school graduate.

The 25-year-old "Make Me Proud" singer tweeted the news Wednesday night, writing: "97% on my final exam. 88% in the course. One of the greatest feelings in my entire life. As of tonight I have graduated high school."

He added: "Thank you to my teacher Kim Janzen for spending the last 5 months working tirelessly with me!!"

PHOTOS: Drake and other celebs with Bieber fever

The Toronto-born star has been studying with Janzen, a teacher at Vaughan Road Academy in Ontario, Canada, since the end of his tour earlier this year, completing coursework and racking up the necessary credits to get his GED.

"I'm actually spending my summer graduating high school," he told NOW Toronto in August. "That's my main focus...I only have one credit left, and I'm really excited about that."

PHOTOS: Stars in concert

He has good reason to be. Drake (real name Aubrey Graham) dropped out of high school when he was a teenager to join the cast of the Canadian teen soap Degrassi: The Next Generation. He stayed with the show for seven seasons, playing James "Jimmy" Brooks, a paralyzed former basketball player who -- like Drake -- had a gift for music.

In an interview last year with Complex Music, the actor turned rapper said he took the job on Degrassi to help out his struggling family.

"My mother was very sick. We were poor, like broke," Drizzy explained. "The only money I had coming in was off of Canadian TV, which isn't that much money when you break it down. A season of Canadian television is under a teacher's salary..."

PHOTOS: Drake and other breakout stars

The star has come a long way since his Degrassi days. After leaving the show in 2009 and self-releasing several successful mixtapes, Drake signed with Lil Wayne's label, Young Money Entertainment, and became a bonafide breakout sensation. His official debut album, Thank Me Later, went platinum and spawned hits including "Find Your Love," "Miss Me," and "Fancy." His second album, Take Care, opened at number one and has sold nearly 2 million copies in the U.S.

Earlier this summer, the rapper purchased a multi-million-dollar party pad in Hidden Hills, Calif. And according to Pollstar, his most recent tour -- the Club Paradise Tour to promote Take Care -- raked in more than 42 million dollars worldwide, making it the most successful hip-hop tour of early 2012.

Edited by coconess - Feb 25 2013 at 12:27am
Sponsored Links

*Belle*Femme* View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote *Belle*Femme* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2013 at 12:26am
this just sounds so fishy. His jewish mom really didn't make sure he finished hs before he was 25?
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2013 at 12:26am
Clap
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2013 at 12:27am
you didn't know? That seemed to be all he talked about for a while. I went to go see him at howard and he paused to tell everyone he graduated.. lol
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2013 at 12:31am
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2013 at 12:33am
You late as hell.
I'm almost positive there was a thread on it.
femmefatale85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2013 at 12:35am
Is it really that hard to graduate from high school? I'm being serious.
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2013 at 12:36am
i searched, "drake graduates" in bhm's search and nothing popped up 

i am flabbergasted. 
at first i was turned off but then i was like wait.. maybe its not that big of a deal. 
the diploma doesnt take away or add to his intelligence 
i just thought he would have gotten it way before now.. just to have it. 

idk i think im disappointed... 
idk how i feel 
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2013 at 12:36am
LOL
Jr1127 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jr1127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2013 at 12:59am
Hope he goes to college Stern Smile
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair