BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Why did you want to go natural

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 177178179180181 183>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sakinadee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sakinadee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2012 at 7:08pm
I went natural honestly to be a role model for my 3 daughters. I tried to do abt 6 or 7 years ago but i failed miserably....i had noooo clue what i was doing AT ALL...fast fwd a few years and i decided that i couldnt tell them not to relax when i was slapping relaxer in my hair every 6 weeks.....i knew how to care for their hair i knew thei multiple curl patterns and assumed WRONGLY that they got their hair from their dads hahaha anyway thats why Tongue
Sponsored Links

Tara_Star View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tara_Star Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 9:44am
Because relaxers were terrible for my hair (I believe they should be used very loosely). I'm so thankful lace front wigs were invented because I can transition until I'm comfortable to wear my natural hair out. 
cuteorange View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuteorange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 1:24pm
I was just tired of my hair. I wanted to do two stand twists and realized I couldn't do that without being natural. Plus I wanted a fro-hawk. (Can't do that with stick straight hair or else its a mo-hawk.) And when my hair was permed and I wanted to curl my hair I had to straighten it then re-curl it. Too much effort. Number One my hair was super difficult to straighten with chemicals which is why I needed SUPER and Number TWO even after the perm (that barely straightened my hair) it would grow back so fast that it would look raggedy shortly after. Number Three perms changed my hair color from black to red brown.

I was like why am I perming, then heat straightening (because the perm hardly did its job)?

In short, perms were a waste of time and energy. I figured my own hair would be low-maintenance.

kirlykii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirlykii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 4:30am
Because my hair became dry and was stuck at a certain length. I had been wanting to STOP the relaxer for some time but everytime my drier, courser hairline grew in I would soften it with a relaxer. I starting relaxing in 10th/11th grade of high school. I mainly wanted to soften and manage my hairline and would sometimes only relax that portion. I never relaxed to a full straight texture, just to get the hair smoother. Right before I would be about to apply the relaxer I would look at my shiny, healthy looking roots and really contemplate whether or not I should relax. Well, in June 2012 I decided I would NOT relax my hair anymore but I did end up relaxing the front hairline only. It's now been 7 weeks since the front portion has been softly relaxed and 6 months since the remainder of the hair has been relaxed. I'm so excited to get my curls back to healthy, bouncy life!

Edited by kirlykii - Dec 15 2012 at 1:07am
Dragonwell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dragonwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 1:08pm
Can someone please help me , i am a newbie so i made this regimen 

Monday  - Sulfate free shampoo
Tuesday - shea moisture leave in 
Wednesday shea moisture leave in 
Thursday   shea moisture leave in 
Friday      shea moisture leave in 
Saturday shea moisture leave in  
Sunday   shea moisture leave in 

When is the best time to do a Protein treatment i am a male and got short 4bhair so i want to use a 1 egg 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon mayo  , and when is the best time to deep condition ? 

vonialee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vonialee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 11:22pm
Hmmm I actually have ZERO interest in going natural... but I find myself now having no choice.  I religiously got my hair done once a week for the past 4 years and I loved it!  My hair was long, healthy, and I really had no problems.  

Unfortunately, I was also (in my mind) fat!  About 4 months ago I started working out 6 days a week, and I sweat ALOT in my hair- but because I have no clue how to do my own hair, I still stuck with my same regiment of just having my hair done once a week, and surprise, surprise- all the salt buildup ended up breaking off all my hair!  

BUT! My body looks awesome and since I am obsessed with working out now, getting my hair done once a week wont work, and why spend $55 on a perm when I am not gonna miss one day going to the gym!!!! 

SO...I have decided to give up getting perms and getting my hair done.  Maybe I am alone but it seems like I had to make a decision between my hair or my body, and my body won Smile Anyways, I am 9 weeks post relaxer, and I am trying to figure out what the (bleep) to do to my hair... it is rapidly falling out and breaking off...i can totally tell this is about to be a pain in the (bleep) Smile HELP!
Lightangel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightangel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 3:42pm

Never thought about being natural, I was addicted to relaxed bone straight hair until 2010 when my hair stylish over processed my hair. 

My hair was full BSL at the time and after that “incident” broke off to SL. It was time to give the hair a break and nurture what was left. Stop applying chemicals was mandatory. After two years my natural hair is APL (cut all relaxed ends bit by bit every two months, BC is not for me I LOVE long hair), I’m getting used the 4a/4b curls but don’t know what to do with the hair and shrinkage is a B*TCH Angry.

Did a lot of research and found beautiful natural hair ladies that kept me motivated (thanks to forums like this one), developed my own regimen, found products that work for me and some that didn’t, discovered the power of protective styling, deep conditioning and keeping moisture/protein balance.

For most of the transitioning time I had extension braids, braidouts and buns, moved into weaves in August and I plan to carry on with them throughout 2013 (my hair grows better when I leave it alone, minimum manipulation). I’ve a good regimen and the hair is thriving, hope to reach BSL in 2013.

The journey wasn’t easy, had a few setbacks:

a) jumped into every single bandwagon you can imagine,

b) taking care of two different hair structures was a pain,

c) demarcation line breakage, etc

But I’m on the right track (PJ in recovery) and I’m confident that I’ll be natural forever, it’s so liberating, I feel free and feel that I’m finally embracing my roots… still love bone straight hair, but it’s an option as everything in life, we need to do what feels right for us. For now natural hair feels right for me Smile

Bristal Birita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bristal Birita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 6:54am
Many reasons it leaves my hair undamaged no side effects and my hair looks healthier than ever before
Warrior94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warrior94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 5:56am
I went natural because: I knew it was healthy for my hair, I was curious about my texture, I never really liked my hair bone straight, and my hair only grew to a certain point before it started breaking off
bananapralines View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bananapralines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2012 at 12:32am
Ive gone natural twice, this will be my third time (lucky?).
The first time was just by coincidence. Late teens and I was using myself as a cornrow/extentions guinea pig. next thing I knew all my relaxer had grown out. I permed it shortly after that realisation though.

Second time was most recently, relaxers are not my friend and they never have been so I thought hell, Ill go natural. I got really into it, BCd and went natural for around 2 years. But I moved to japan and found and AWESOME hairstylist and weaveologist. I just had to see what she was capable of and had her relax my hair and install some HOTT styles. Absolutely no regrets.

However I am returning to the UK in a few months and want my natural hair back, I never had luck finding a good salon or weaveologist there so I dont fancy trialing and erroring with a bunch of salons.

I havent gone natural just yet, but its 5 months since my last relaxer and im not going to BC again (Ive become addicted to lengths). Im planning to transition along with the u part lace front wig crew and give my hair some TLC. Cool
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 177178179180181 183>