Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Why did you want to go natural

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 174175176177178 183>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
TEENATEE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TEENATEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2012 at 11:09am
I have wanted natural hair since about 8 years ago. I was always discouraged and told that I wouldnt be attractive. I love my natural hair. I feel liberated.
Sponsored Links

Fabulosity82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fabulosity82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2012 at 1:01pm
I started my hair journey yesterday! The reason why im going natural, is because my hair was damaged an i wanna grow my hair longer. so i hope its going to work.  i've thrown all off my dark&lovely products out of the window yesterday yeah!!! done with all off this relaxing.
Tumbs up!!Thumbs Up

Well i have a question for you guys. How often can i flat iron my natural hair??
mybe somebody has experiences with flat ironing there natural hair.

Gro beautiful hair ladies.
FakeFurr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FakeFurr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 24 2012 at 1:20pm

How I ended up going natural started from an accident…

I had always gotten my hair relaxed as a child and teenager. It was something that I never questioned. I thought I HAD to. I honestly never liked my relaxed hair though. It was always short and thin and never grew. I never felt like it looked good on me. But I thought I just had bad hair and that's why my hair wouldn't grow.

From Fall 2008 to Summer 2010 (the summer after my freshman year in college), I continuously wore braid extensions, taking them out usually after 4 months and then putting new ones in right after. I liked them cuz they were low maintenance and looked pretty on me. I never relaxed my hair during this time. By summer 2010 I take them out and realized that my hair was totally different. When I took them out i had a stretched afro! I thought it was cool! I then realized I was natural and decided to stay that way, even though my mom and aunts encouraged me to relax. 

So I started to research on how to take care of natural hair. I started to detangle, do twistouts, etc. But then I soon realized how damaged my hair was. Wearing the braids sooo much and not taking care of my hair all that time, made it EXTREMELY weak and fragile. Any light pull could break my hair. I had so much breakage, and my hair was getting shorter and shorter by the week! Nothing could save my hair at that point. Soon enough, I ended up getting braids again and wore those for a year. And then the following summer, Summer 2011, I relaxed my hair. 

After that occurrence I had always told myself that I would try to go natural again one day. I wore braids again from Winter 2012 to Summer 2012. I then took them out and relaxed my hair. Going natural was still in the back of my mind. I started to think and realized "why wait longer??". I was scared to big chop, but decided to do it anyway, because I was impatient and wanted to be natural as soon as possible. No more relaxed hair for me.

On August 21, 2012 I did my shaven big chop. It's now been two months since then. I haven't once regretted my decision, even if some people have made negative comments. I'm sooo happy to be natural. My hair is only about 1.25in long, but I still feel more confident with it, than I ever did with relaxed hair. I just like it a whole lot more, I love my kinks and coils, it's for me. 

I can't wait for my hair to grow more and more and for me to have a cute fro :)

phattrabbit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phattrabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2012 at 11:01am
I am going natural because A. I look best with very short hair and have always wanted to cut it all off and B. relaxing my hair and the drama of always trying to keep it bone straight when my natural texture is the COMPLETE opposite...4D absolutely DESTROYED my edges...I have since gotten a transplant and am waiting to see my growth results after 1 year has passed. I do not plan to attempt to straighten it EVER again. 
paulina1989 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulina1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2012 at 9:39am
I decided to go natural 2 months ago. I love the idea of having kinky curls, since it look nice on most people. I am transitioning at the moment and would like to Big Chop. I would really love to get rid of my relaxed hair strands, because I struggle with the different hair textures on my head, bt I do not think that a Big chop will look good on me. I don't think that everyone could get away with short hair. I am too ugly to bc, basically!
Tangala0810 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tangala0810 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2012 at 10:05am
I went natural because prems broke out my hair and when I went natural I notice my hair grows faster when its natural..and i love kinky twist anyway cause my hair grows fast when I wear them in my hair.
Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2012 at 6:17am
congrats on all of your decisions to join Team Natural, ladies! welcome! :-)
ayshia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ayshia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2012 at 12:13am
My number 1 reason was my relaxed hair was too thin....

number 2 VERSATILITY!
whynotrockIT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whynotrockIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2012 at 11:42am
Because it just makes sense this is what God gave me so I need to work it.

I would love to have my curly long hair flowing and help others not make the mistakes I have made along the way with being natural.
Ferozkhans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ferozkhans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 6:31am
I prefer to follow the natural way even it will be slow in growth because it has no side effects and causes no damage to hair!! Smile 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 174175176177178 183>
  Share Topic