BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Why did you want to go natural

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 181182183

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
simplysilk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simplysilk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2013 at 4:01pm
ive made a lot of mistakes with chemicals and I feel this going to be best for me I plan on wearing braids for as long as I possible. at the moment my hair is in 4 twistys going back to prevent my hair drrying and breaking off as it does when its freely standing. pray for me as I go on this qwest to find out what works for me.
Sponsored Links

Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2013 at 11:22am
I know I've contributed before but since I've been natural again for a few years now I think it might be a good thing to mention why I want to stay that way.

*I love the versatility and thickness of it, it's been a rocky road at times trying to learn what does work with my hair and what doesn't, but it has only made me stronger as I had to go against the grain of what some people believe my hair should look like and even break away from my own perceptions of what my hair should look like.
I now know a bit more about recognizing exactly why moisture retention is a problem and what the best way is to solve it.
The more I learn about my own hair, the more confident I become where appearance is concerned because I will be able to make it look the best it can by working with it instead of against it.

*I am all about working with what I've got and health, so my aim is to take care of what grows out of my scalp and trying to avoid chemicals
that might end up harming more than the appearance of my hair(I am also very cautious when it comes to hair coloring.).
I was all about rocking my own hair, but now I am about rocking my natural hair texture.
Basically I am all about a healthier life style and hope to see the overall benefits soon enough. I already know how to retain growth on chemically treated hair, so if I can manage to surpass the length I had while it was chemically treated then I feel I will really know what there is to know about my hair.

*I want children to know that hair comes in different shapes, lengths and textures and that there is nothing to be ashamed of or weird about textured hair so that they do not grow in to the adults that now require re-education about (their) hair.

*I want adults to know that it is ok to wear textured hair out, there is nothing unprofessional about textured hair if it's styled like any other texture would have to style it.

*I want to contribute to taking away the stereotypical image that some people have of women of color (and particularly black women) when it comes to hair.
The more they see women rocking their natural hair, the less assumptions they will make and the less "is this your real hair?" questions women of color will have to face.

*Though I know at the end of the day it's just hair, I think that the only way to truly believe that is by working with your hair in it's natural state at least once in your life, no matter what race you are, after all, it's just hair right?

BronxJazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BronxJazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2013 at 4:31am
I wanted to go natural because my relaxed hair would always grow up to a certain point and then thin out. It seemed like once it got past arm pit the ends would start to thin no matter what I did. So I went natural in the hopes of thicker hair.

Not only that I wanted to see what my natural hair looked like when healthy and long. I went natural once before and wasn;t ready for it. I relaxed too soon and ended up regretting it. So I went natural to learn what my hair can do and I am so glad I did.
cabolady121 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabolady121 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2013 at 1:37pm
A friend of mine was natural and told me how her hair became so much stronger. That and after watching good hair. The bit where they put the sodium hydroxide on the chicken and that burned a hole in it just convinced me not to relax anymore Dead
laurenchrstinabeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laurenchrstinabeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 6:34am
I feel like the choice to go natural or not is really personal. I went natural by accident because i just didn't get a chance to relax my hair for a year and i was amazed at how much it had grown as well as being in weaves.

I talk about what decisions are best on my blog

http://thathairandstyle.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/should-i-go-naturalshould-i-relax-my. - http://thathairandstyle.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/should-i-go-naturalshould-i-relax-my.html

Hope you can check it out.
Much Love x
cosmochica010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cosmochica010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2014 at 12:29am
my hair was badly damaged and I couldn't afford to go to the shop and get relaxers so I did my own. It got to the point where I was getting relaxers just because i was use to them and to help my leaveout blend better. Now i'm learning my hair and making it my bestfriend as oppose to fighting with it.
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2014 at 4:23am
it was also an accident for me. i wanted to stretch the time between my japanese straighteners in order to promote length retention. after a year i thought to not do the straightener at all to try to keep the length i had retained in the interim. that went smoothly, so then i decided to not do it at all. i never chopped bc the texturedifference was minimal for me

For me, going "natural", was much easier than i expected. turns out my hair texture responds about the same with or without a straightener. in fact, i have less damage without a relaxer. the difference between my hair straightened and not is so subtle but the benefits of one chemical less are hopefully worth the difference. the most challenging time for me without a straightener are the Summer months when  my hair actually gets drenching wet with perspiration constantly when i go outside. so basically, my baby fine hair stays WET the whole time I am outside during Summer. then when I go inside it turns into a frizz ball. this makes any hairstyle almost impossible during the Summer months. i guess a bun or a pony tail are my only solutions during these hot months since my hair gets totally, dripping wet by perspiration within minutes of being outside. the other months other than Summer, my hair seems almost identical though as i treat it exactly the same and have the same styles. My little bit of curl gets knocked out simply by pulling my hair into a bun and letting it air dry. Everyone has their hair challenges, and wet Summer hair is mine LOL
my goal is length retention. since i color my hair, that has been difficult.  now that i am only doing one chemical, hopefully i can finally reach longer lengths.
ps you know, even 4cs can knockout their curl if they do oil rinse followed by Curls passion fruit fruit curl control paste on the entire length on each strand smoothed in w/ a bristle brush right before slipping on the knockoff curlformer for a wet set each shampoo day. Wrap each night with a stocking then satin scarf.  Follow ups with bantu knots, french twist outs  during the week or  with a seran wrap wrapping under the dryer a few mins.

Edited by LadyAradia - Mar 21 2014 at 9:56am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 181182183