Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Why did you want to go natural

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 178179180181182 183>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Aycreativechicz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aycreativechicz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2012 at 7:04am
I decided to go Natural for some time to allow my hair to grow out naturally and started using better products e.g. Keracare Range.
Sponsored Links

cuteorange View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuteorange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2012 at 8:14pm
Hi!

You can deep condition every other week. As for a protein treatment you should be able to do one once a month. It's something that really depends on how much you deep condition.

Some folks deep condition twice a month and do a protein treatment twice a month. 
For example: Week A condition, Week B protein treatment, Week C condition, Week D protein treatment. And that seems to provide a good balance for people. 

I only Do a protein treatment and deep conditioner once a month on the same day. 

My hair ranges from 2 1/4 inches to 3 inches long (I'm a newbie too.) I have been natural for a year but I cut the first 5 months of my hair off ( I burned it too badly during transitioning) and bald chopped. Otherwise I'd have at least 5 or 6 inches by now.

If you flat iron your hair you may need to do a protein treatment more than once a month maybe twice. But there is too much of a good thing. You don't want your hair to end up crunchy. Good luck!

sweetvocals05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetvocals05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 5:36pm
i went natural because their were so many alternatives
plus I've went natural before twice but when i did
i didn't really have the knowledge that i do now
i also believe when you are learning to do your natural hair
you can find ways to use less amounts of heat that you can become comfortable with
plus i feel youtube and this site are two of the most amazing tools to being natural

Sabella Adam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabella Adam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 6:57pm
Relaxing seriously ruined my hair, killed it!
I was thinking about going natural for years but a few weeks ago, I had just stepped out of the shower and my hair looked ridiculous so I had a moment of insanity, took my boyfriends electric shaver and shaved it all off...

- Now I want my hair to grow out all natural and healthy :)
sakinadee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sakinadee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 7:09pm
The reason I went natural, my daughter...

cicisweetie120 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cicisweetie120 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 7:17pm
self reflection, my hair use to be down to my waist until a beautician took advantage of me and did a big chop then since it was short it was managable to maintain it although i disliked it i used the flat iron frequently, being naive it broke my hair off along with the dye...now im trying to maintain it ive been through a lot of trimming unwanted cuts AGAIN and damage..i just now maintain my own hair the proper way, learned to love and grow with my hair and ive seen improvement i stay away from dyes perms and harmful things 
SplurgingOnBeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SplurgingOnBeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 7:58pm

i decided to transition because the relaxers never really got my hair straight..i was basically texlaxed and i wanted to grow my relaxer out so i could start over again with a professional, but as i was transitioning i started to fall in love with my natural hair and realized all the things and styles i could do with it that i couldnt do when my hair was "straight"..ive been natural for almost two years now

SweetNovember* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 1:06am
As a black woman I would like to have something of my own that I can be proud of, something that is not an imitation of something/someone else. I have my own hair that looks good. I'm not gonna mess it up anymore trying to get it to look like someone else's.
MsCBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsCBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 12:08pm
I decided to transition due my scalp condition. The chemicals in the relaxer would make my hair flake up terribly! I would have scabbed patched all over my head! Though after a while my hair looked great the flakes were embarassing and disgusting. That and my hair was breaking off from the chemicals.
Chacurie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chacurie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 11:55pm
 My hair was damaged, dry, constantly breaking off and I was curious as to what my natural hair texture looked like. So I bc'd in August to kick off my hair journey and it's been such a great learning experience. My hair is flourishing now that I have healthy hair practices.

I had been relaxing my hair for so long that I honestly couldn't remember what my natural hair was like. Which is sad, because my younger sister has stayed natural all her life, has waist length hair, has always done protective styling ... 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 178179180181182 183>
  Share Topic