Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Why did you want to go natural

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 173174175176177 183>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
crazy72cool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazy72cool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2012 at 9:26pm
I was always in love with big, fluffy, curly hair but never really knew how to go about doing it. So after years of admiring, I decided to see what my natural texture would be.....and I love it!
Sponsored Links

hairologist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2012 at 8:17am

I decided I wanted to be natural....again. I went natural in high school. I was natural for about 2 years but I never really knew how to take care of my hair or deal with my texture, so I relaxed my hair. My hair has been up and down health wise being relaxed. I was able to attain healthy BSL hair, but stress and laziness cause my hair to shed and break like crazy so for the past 2 years I have been cutting my hair to try to keep it healthy. Nothing has helped at all, and my hair is at its worst, it has been breaking from the demarcation line in the crown area, so I decided Im going natural again. I have always love natural hair and have thought about going natural so this time its for real lol. I want my hair to be healthy above all and then I want length so that is why I decided to go natural. Free my hair from relaxers and baby it back to health. I'am currently 2.5 months post relaxer. I have a little over an inch of NG and I love my curls, dont remember my curls feelings this beautiful, but then again I eat so much better then I did, I work out and take supplements so My NG feels like it flourishing. Im so happy with my decision.

Edited by hairologist - Sep 09 2012 at 8:20am
nikolina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikolina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2012 at 11:55am
Natural is always cool. However for people like me I always love to experiment with my hair. Anywhere from hairstyle and color! :D
yuniokkioa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yuniokkioa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2012 at 2:12am
They look awfully beautifully and the grace they provide to our look is tremendously different from any other thing and it is the key raeson that i like them.
JustANaturalBeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustANaturalBeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2012 at 7:00pm
In my case I had no choice I went Blond and within 3 days my hair fell out in my hands literally I could NOT believe it,it was like I was living a nightmare and the stylist WAS a licensed Colorist that wore blond quite often.

I'm a Barber not a stylist so I accompanied her to a hair show since she had done my hair in the past I trusted her I contacted her that morning with tears in my eyes and told her to please come over she did and she asked Baby what happened?????? like OMG did you just ask me that question.

She admitted that she double processed my hair and she forgot to treat it after that fact offered to give me a settlement to keep quiet and said she would nurse my hair back to health I declined and accepted the settlement and begin cutting my own hair got used to it and wore it natural for over 8Years with my mother nagging me about being bald day in and out or assuming I was gay lol I can laugh now but I wasn't laughing back then when it first happened I went from the perfect long Bob to chicken feathers to a light Fade all in a few days.
RedAdmiral101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedAdmiral101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2012 at 2:17pm
i think i went natural on accident. see i wasnt doing so well with my relaxed hair it never grew past SL (shoulder length) and i was looking online on ways to grow my hair out. then i stumbled across women with natural hair. this is going to sound funny but, i had no clue that NOT RELAXING was a choice lol so...i started transitioning!!! will be 3 years feb 2013!!!!Smile
hair_dummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hair_dummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2012 at 12:46am
AshBash89 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AshBash89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2012 at 12:16am
I wanted to go natural back in 2006 when my sister went natural but I didn't have the courage. I damaged my hair to the point of no return during the past 2 years so I just chopped it off. Best hair decision ever.
Ankithsri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ankithsri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2012 at 7:44am

I found some benefits while using natural products.

They are

First and important reason is there is no side effect.

Maintenance cost is less.

While using natural I can absorb many vitamins and minerals when compare to external one.

okoye820 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote okoye820 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2012 at 8:07am
MY NUMBER 1 reason was because my hair was long, thick and unmanageable. My hair stuck together like velcro after a bad experience with a stylists. Everyone valued my hair more than i did. It was like people had determoned hair length in African American women is what makes you more beautiful and i hate that stereotype towards black women. Even though before my big chop I always had the longest hair etc. I felt like i was gonna make a statement and Rebel ;)....why hold on to hair thats jus so damaged that breaks and is thinning out or knotting jus because i THINK i wont be accepted??? Those are not true friends!!!. My hair was down my back and after a wash and deep conditioner. It was so hard to detangle and it would EVENTUALLY detangle but the more i thought about it the more riduculous i felt to keep this dead lifeless head full of MATTED hair. i was like 6 months post relaxer and i just started cutting....and from there i realizzed my NEW GROWTH was even damaged from flat ironing it straight so 2months later I cut it with scissors down to a fade. I wear wigs but i want to be 100 % natural and i have no regrets. We are BLACK, AFRICAN AMERICAN, AND freakin beautiful and i dont want to be EMBARRASSED or SHAME about it anymore! I am anti relaxer! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! Amen.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 173174175176177 183>