Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why dating white men is out
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus
 

Why dating white men is out

 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819>






Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 2.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: May 19 2008
Location: South London
Status: Offline
Points: 967882
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2013 at 8:26am
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

So y'all are tellin me she looks like a straight up, no chaser, full blown black woman?  That full black women look like this all over the place?  Well alright then...
 

 

 

Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: Feb 25 2013
Location: usa
Status: Offline
Points: 6964
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2013 at 9:29am

These are Indian men in India.She is clearly Indian and Black. Look at her silky hair. That trait is from the Indian part  

But HELLO!!!! The point is NOT TO  DATE WHITE MEN !!! Anyone home??  Dear GOD! Blacks are so color struck that you totally miss the point of the article or didn't even read it. Just saw the word mixed and made  a whole other topic than the op on  whether she is mixed or not. OMG! Very short sighted. I would be embarrassed for anyone to read your many pages of NON RESPONSIVE responses. They would say you all either have emotional hangups or are illiterate because you are missing the point of the article.... Dont date white men bc you will be treated like a ho whether you are decent or not.


Edited by LadyAradia - Jul 27 2013 at 9:38am
Back to Top
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: Feb 25 2013
Location: usa
Status: Offline
Points: 6964
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2013 at 9:35am
Originally posted by LadyAradia LadyAradia wrote:


These are Indian men in India.She is clearly Indian and Black. Look at her silky hair. That trait is from the Indian part  

But HELLO!!!! The point is NOT TO  DATE WHITE MEN !!! Anyone home??  Dear GOD! Blacks are so color struck that you totally miss the point of the article or didn't even read it. Just saw the word mixed and made  a whole other topic than the op on  whether she is mixed or not. OMG! Very short sighted. I would be embarrassed for anyone to read your many pages of NON RESPONSIVE responses. They would say you all either have emotional hangups or are illiterate because you are missing the point of the article.... Dont date white men bc you will be treated like a ho whether you are decent or not.
Back to Top
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Oct 13 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 340875
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2013 at 9:45am
You're too damn pressed......




Edited by mizzsandra00 - Jul 27 2013 at 9:46am
Back to Top
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: Jul 20 2011
Location: SupaFlyKingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 154142
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2013 at 1:40pm
Man, I abandoned this thread a long time ago LOLLOL
Hardly anyone bothered to stick to the topic which was the objectification (or not, depending on your point of view) of black women. At the end of the day, who cares if she's mixed or not? From the initial pictures that were posted, she didn't look mixed. But that was never the point of the post in the first place. 17 pages of nonsense LOL
Back to Top
Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jan 20 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 77227
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2013 at 2:35pm
Glad I missed this thread. I get why some posters discussed her appearance though. It goes towards her views of herself, her Blackness, and her self-acceptance. Men take you are seriously as you take yourself. I'm not mad at the author, if she felt objectified by White men, then White men aren't for her. My concern is that if she doesn't identify why she is feeling objectified, then the race of her dating pool will be irrelevant. She will continue to have the same struggles. I wish her the best though.
Back to Top
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: May 19 2008
Location: South London
Status: Offline
Points: 967882
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2013 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

Glad I missed this thread. I get why some posters discussed her appearance though. It goes towards her views of herself, her Blackness, and her self-acceptance. Men take you are seriously as you take yourself. I'm not mad at the author, if she felt objectified by White men, then White men aren't for her. My concern is that if she doesn't identify why she is feeling objectified, then the race of her dating pool will be irrelevant. She will continue to have the same struggles. I wish her the best though.
but she did identify why she is feeling objectified no?

and she specifically identified a particular race no?


its everyone else trying to divert this from white men to making it about her, her looks, her behaviour and alleged naivety
Back to Top
Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jan 20 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 77227
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2013 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

Glad I missed this thread.  I get why some posters discussed her appearance though. It goes towards her views of herself, her Blackness, and her self-acceptance. Men take you are seriously as you take yourself. I'm not mad at the author, if she felt objectified by White men, then White men aren't for her. My concern is that if she doesn't identify why she is feeling objectified, then the race of her dating pool will be irrelevant. She will continue to have the same struggles. I wish her the best though.
but she did identify why she is feeling objectified no? 

and she specifically identified a particular race no? 


its everyone else trying to divert this from white men to making it about her, her looks, her behaviour and alleged naivety 
 
No. I think it is naive to ignore the racial undertones of her article. How she views herself and how she wants others to view her directly relate to her interactions and her relationships. It isn't about pointing the finger for me. As I said, if she doesn't like White men, she shouldn't date them. But she does need to address why she was bothered by how she was being viewed and how she expected that to influence her interactions. I just don't want her to write an article a year from now titled, "Why Black men are Out," and then so on and so forth. It isn't that she pointed the finger at White men, it is that she tied it to her racial ambiguity that makes me question how and why they relate. I have no problem with anyone's dating preferences. I wish her well though. Dating in this era sucks.
Back to Top
Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jan 20 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 77227
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2013 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Man, I abandoned this thread a long time ago LOLLOL
Hardly anyone bothered to stick to the topic which was the objectification (or not, depending on your point of view) of black women. At the end of the day, who cares if she's mixed or not? From the initial pictures that were posted, she didn't look mixed. But that was never the point of the post in the first place. 17 pages of nonsense LOL

yeah that shipped sailed a long time ago..LOL Disapprove
 
I agree that Black women are objectified. I just don't think it is limited to a race. I relate more to White men being condescending (see Don West Dead) or being prejudice, or treating Black women unequally in the workplace. I just find sexual objectification to be an issue that crosses racial boundaries, but maybe that is just me. If that is her experience, who am I to tell her it isn't valid. I just suggested that she look more deeply into the issue.
Back to Top
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jul 12 2008
Location: CrackaIsland
Status: Offline
Points: 397608
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2013 at 3:10pm
Full Blown black is a new one....If she told me she was a blk woman id say ok if she says shes mixed id say ok....Meh. The only reason folk would say she doesnt look "full blown" is because of her hair texture.....as i said the chick in that gif said she was mixed to... but folks and google pics for her...

As far as what she is speaking on What she has said is nothing that hasnt been said or discussed here before. There is absolutely nothing wrong to not having the least bit of attraction to someone who doesnt look  like you. If those are the type of men that she is encountering then by all means don't date them. Objectification from men will continue to happen regardless and its not racially exclusive. Especially if you are whats "different".

A poster here was talking about how no black dudes ever wanted to date
because she was tall and slim but had no issue trying to smash yet when she went to uni she was getting all this attention from white men. She saw this as them (WM) appreciating her more. Confused When in fact it was simply the flip side of the same damn coin. Maybe their approach was different or maybe she saw it threw a romanticized rosy lens glasses ... i dunno

All I do know is there are aint sh!t ppl of every race if you believe other wise youre setting yourself up for great disappointment.

The writer of this blog will be fine. I wish her and her subscribers the best in their mixed girl struggle.
..
Back to Top
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down