Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk (Newbies)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why can't some blk ppl understand Erykah Badu ?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Why can't some blk ppl understand Erykah Badu ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
mellowkat01 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mellowkat01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2011 at 2:29pm
Another Verse from the song:

You rush into destruction 'cause you don't have nothin' left
The mothership can't save you so your ass is goin' get it

She is talking about whites and all of the destruction they have caused in the world.

Mothership= Rapture, and the ones who mistreated blks (god's children), gon' get left.

lol she i love how she writes her songs and the way she adds humor to it.

Approve
Sponsored Links

shantrinas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shantrinas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2011 at 6:40pm
love this song, i never really read into lyrics much honestly. not being closed minded or anything. i usually just listen and chill out or whatever
Allure. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allure. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2011 at 8:09pm
I love Erykah and understand her lyrics and meanings fine. But the average person listening to her songs without knowing what type of artist she is would definitely misinterpret her meanings. Her lyrics were written to take you on a mind trip.
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2011 at 8:40pm
it has nothing to do with color.  there are dumb ppl in every race.  The math threads prove that we are not all created equal 
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mellowkat01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2011 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

it has nothing to do with color.  there are dumb ppl in every race.  The math threads prove that we are not all created equal 

I agree.

But in this song particularly talking about white people.
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mellowkat01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2011 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by mellowkat01 mellowkat01 wrote:

I agree.

But in this song particularly talking about white people.

Erykah that is *
coilyartist View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coilyartist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2011 at 10:10pm
Erykah is deep, and I don't understand why people don't get what she is saying.
Same thing for Lauryn Hill.
313chick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 313chick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2011 at 11:13am

Stam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2011 at 11:41pm
It is not a black person's responsibility to understand her. I don't get the title of this thread to be honest.

Stam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2011 at 11:44pm
This whole "black people were the first on earth" is a funny and tricky thing to debate.
If somebody does not understand her lyrics the way she intended them to mean, or if they have another interpretation what is the big deal? Why do you assume your interpretation is right?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>