Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > My Career
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedWhy cant I land a job?! Can anyone relate?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Platniumdime4u View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why cant I land a job?! Can anyone relate?
    Posted: Jun 20 2011 at 7:16pm
I have submitted my resume to damn near every agency within 30 miles of me.. On monster, careerbuilder, a mighty river, and everywhere else I can think of but nothing! Even the recruiters I am working with are surprised because they feel my resume is very good. Is anyone else in a similar situation? How do you feel? Or for those who may have been in this situation but have landed a good job.. What did you do differently? Please help I am really running out of ideas.
Sponsored Links

NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2011 at 12:52am
Network like crazy is all I can offer.  Aside from LinkedIn and using Meetup, you going have to go HAM nowadays.  Currently I am checking out this website called http://www.brazencareerist.com/ and basically it seems legit but I am a bit apprehensive.  Basically keep a positive attitude and remember you can't be unemployed forever.  I even got business cards printed out and passing it out like crazy.  Vistaprint has the best prices out there IMO.  Good luck.
Platniumdime4u View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2011 at 4:05pm
Yes I have business cards from them as well. Thanks for the advice! I am going to look into that site.
redbone.savage View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2011 at 2:35am
OMG I HAVE THE SAME ISSUES I SWEAR I DONT PUT IN LIKE OVER 20 APPS ONLINE, I PRINTED AND FILLED OUT OVER 10 AND STILL NO LUCK . I EVEN HAD AN INTERVIEW AND I DIDNT EVEN GET THE JOB, IM JUST SO DESPERATE FOR A JOB RIGHT NOW Cry
Lunatique06 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2011 at 7:19pm
I feel you guys. I spent almost a year looking for a job, finally got one, then was fired THREE WEEKS later for being OVERQUALIFIED. Yet every time I apply for a job, I don't seem to have enough experience! Wth??

My life right now...

bellacnella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2011 at 8:46pm
the economy sucks right now. i dont see it getting better.  and businesses get tax incentives for shipping jobs overseas (outsourcing).  you arent the only one.  this is going to become a crisis soon.
redbone.savage View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2011 at 1:18am

hopefully we all get jobs, cause i need me one bad

swweet*suga View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2011 at 7:08pm
no you are not alone....I have been on unemployment for a year now and im desperately in need of a job, my car is on the verge of getting repo'd its so depressing
toffeebee View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2011 at 9:55am
I was unemployed for 15 months.  Got a "will do for now" job that I've had for 15 months (no health insurance).  Oddly enough, I work with a young woman who lands jobs left and right.  She is young and holds a bachelor's in marketing.  Incidentally, this same young woman had never heard of shoe polish before.  Some people seem to have an easier time of it, which I find inexplicable.  All I can say is keep at it.  Something has to give.  I'm grateful for my job.  Just hoping I don't fall ill.
missyo67 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2011 at 10:06am
I spent 7 months unemployed and I have been employed 2 months now.  I managed to get a slightly higher pay and MUCH less stress than my last role.

I suggest networking with others in your particular industry. Volunteer with organizations that may assist in expanding your contacts.  Also, consider headhunters in your industry.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic