Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Talk Archives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Forum LockedWhy BC Thin, See Through Ends?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
iluvweekends View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2007 at 10:22am
My ends are pretty see thru and I refuse to do the BC. If I do wear my hair out which is very rare I will wear it curly like in my avatar. Normally, it's in my protective style - under my half wig.
Sponsored Links

MissyPooh View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2007 at 10:50am
I hate see through, thin looking ends on me so if they were to look like that they'd have to go. To me, it doesn't look healthy.

My friend told me yesterday she's jealous of my hair and she hasn't even seen it yet, but she knows I'm taking care of it. Since July, she's been holding on to dead hair. I realized a while ago she's more concerned with length vs. health. In her case, her ends are split to high heavens. I made her a 3 month regimen that she would've completed last month. Had she cut those things off she'd probably be right where she's at now,  just with a healthier head of hair.
cutie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2007 at 11:09am
my ends could probably use a trim now.  the last time i got a big trim was b/c they were always frizzy.  this time, my ends aren't frizzy, just ugly and uneven.  i've realized it grows in an unusual pattern like a "w" so if i keep cutting it to even it, it will just grow back like that again.  but just for neatness and since it's almost been a year since my last trim, i'm going to trim the ends just a bit when i remove this sew in.  when i reach apl, i'm going to keep it trimmed to apl until it gets full, then let it grow longer. i love healthy, full ends.
Ediese View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2007 at 11:15am
Okay... I have a question for all of you that won't be opposed to just cutting it off. I think my hair looks thinner because for the past year I've been having problems with my nape area. I swear whenever I relaxed the back of my hair days later I would notice that all of the hair completely broke up. I started chopping my whole head trying to even things out. This happened again in January, so I chopped my hair off again (short bob). I guess back then I didn't realize it was a combination of the relaxer and my iron deficiency that broke my hair off.

Anyway, now that my hair has grown back, it looks a little thin because whereas other parts of my hair is 12-16" inches. The nape area is about 5". Would you guys chop off that hair to even it out with the nape area?
B_phlyy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2007 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by Ediese Ediese wrote:

Okay... I have a question for all of you that won't be opposed to just cutting it off. I think my hair looks thinner because for the past year I've been having problems with my nape area. I swear whenever I relaxed the back of my hair days later I would notice that all of the hair completely broke up. I started chopping my whole head trying to even things out. This happened again in January, so I chopped my hair off again (short bob). I guess back then I didn't realize it was a combination of the relaxer and my iron deficiency that broke my hair off.

Anyway, now that my hair has grown back, it looks a little thin because whereas other parts of my hair is 12-16" inches. The nape area is about 5". Would you guys chop off that hair to even it out with the nape area?

Well, in your case, it's probably not that your ends are thin, just that one area of your hair hair is much shorter than the rest. I wouldn't BC, but if it really bothers you, maybe you could trim a little bit over a period of time.

A lot of people have problems with their nape and don't cut, but definitely step their game up. Two people I can think of are loulou and loolah (I hope they don't mind the shout out). Sometimes the nape hair has to be treated differently than the rest of the hair to see results. Try stretching relaxing the area by only doing it with every other touch up, or relaxing that area last.
Ediese View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2007 at 6:39pm

Thanks for the advice B phlyy.  You're right it's not necessarily thin, but gives off that impression because the nape is so short. I'll definitely try to take extra care of that area.

Elektra View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2007 at 6:55pm
Personally I don't like see through ends. I would rather cut now and be done with it then hold on to them. It kinda bothers me to see girls out in public with stringy see through ends. Even though it is none of my business.
SassyShani View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2007 at 8:15pm
I personally always cut my thin ends...as of now since ihave been keeping in under wraps i can't wait to take off an inch in march
tiffanyoneal View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2007 at 8:50pm

I remember seeing a picture of this lady. She was able to achieve this through texlaxing. Her hair looks alot fuller. As for my thin ends I agree with the poster that said she hangs on to them because she doesnít show her hair anyway. I just donít feel the need to cut them yet since I am not showing them. I feel that over the time of me stretching and wearing braids my hair will get thicker. I also feel that once that time comes where I stop wearing braids if my ends are still thin then I will get a cut. Hair just looks neater if itís full. But right now I am holding on every strand and using the castor oil and doing anything I can do to improve them while I hide them.Wink

ETA: Great post Ediese!Clap

I totally understand where you guys are coming from, but take a look at this picture that I found on another board (hope she won't mind). This lady chose not to cut her hair even though it was little see through and look at how beautiful and thick it looks one year later.

Edited by tiffanyoneal - Dec 18 2007 at 9:08pm
LdySpartyLo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2007 at 9:45pm

To be honest, I would need to see a picture to give a good answer, but many times (not always) the nape of your hair is shorter than the rest.  I wouldn't cut the rest to be even with the nape.  Just work on growing out your nape.  My nape used to always be short.  Even when I had SL hair 8 years ago, my nape was anemic looking.  Fast forward to now, my nape grows faster than the rest.  In addition to taking better care of it (no rubbing collars, moisturizing, etc.), I learned to keep my hands off it.  I know this sounds simple, but I realized that I was constantly picking in my kitchen.  When I broke the cycle of picking and rubbing, my nape grew.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic