Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Hair Growth Archives > Hair Growth Archives 2008
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Forum LockedWhy BC Thin, See Through Ends?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Ediese View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2007 at 10:46am
I also understand where you're coming from Alynnx because I wear sew-ins all the time and no one sees my hair down. So, what's the point in cutting it.

Edited by Ediese - Dec 17 2007 at 10:47am
Sponsored Links

alynxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2007 at 10:48am
Originally posted by Ediese Ediese wrote:

I also understand where you're coming from Alynnx because I wear sew-ins all the time and no one sees my hair down. So, what's the point in cutting it.

PREACH!
plastic View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2007 at 11:03am
Originally posted by Ediese Ediese wrote:

I totally understand where you guys are coming from, but take a look at this picture that I found on another board (hope she won't mind). This lady chose not to cut her hair even though it was little see through and look at how beautiful and thick it looks one year later.

I am not being mean or anything, her hair is totally gorgeous, but it seems to be about the same length or two inches longer, are you sure that she did not cut ?

Personally, i would not cut my hair if it was looking thinner than usual. Actually in May when i was doing utter crap to my hair, it started to thin like whoa, so i kept my hair up and stuff and it got better. But if i had like serious strandy ends, they would have to go

Ediese View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2007 at 11:09am
Plastic: I'm not sure about the cut, but it looks like it thickened up even from the roots.

This is what she said contributed to her thickness.

The majority of my thickness came from texlaxing. My old stylist was overprocessing me and I didn't realize it until I came to **.

Other things that I do:
No direct heat
98% of the time Airdrying - Other 2% rollersets
Deep cond. 2x/wk
mstoya25 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2007 at 11:57am
The no-heat, airdrying, and ending the overprocessing thickened her hair up, not the no-trimming.....I will go thru my twists and if there is a knot or a strand longer than the other, off it goes.   I never trim all my hair at one time, except when I was relaxed....But when my hair was relaxed, if I blowdried, flat-iron and wrapped my hair it would be flat like that, but if I airdried, I have a 'fro, so my hair would look thicker.....I'm just saying....Trim or don't trim, it's up to the individual....

Edited by mstoya25 - Dec 17 2007 at 11:57am
B_phlyy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2007 at 12:43pm
To me, the notion of "healthy" see-thru ends is a bit of an oxymoron. I'm more of a "get it over with" so if I know the ends will have to eventually go, why delay the inevitable.

As for the lady, I'm with plastic. Her hair only looks a little bit longer, so while she didn't do a BC, she definitely did some aggressive trimming. So her ends in the second pictures where probably about earlength in the first picture and because she started taking better care of her hair, they never thinned out.
CenteredGirl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2007 at 12:45pm
My theory is that the thin ends usually break off as they are indicative of those that have broken off already.  It's just a matter of time.  Getting rid of them is getting rid of damaged hair. 
amerikan View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2007 at 1:50pm
I trim about 1/4 an inch of hair every 3 months for neatness. I cut my hair in Nov. to even it out and it's at least 2.5 inches longer this month (update tomorrow). A trim or chop will not kill your progress. I'll cut whatever is necessary to keep my hair looking good, even and healthy. it's just hair it will grow back.
Cheveux View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2007 at 2:18pm

Actually I agree with you.  I think dusting and 'search and destroys' are better than a BC IF you don't have ridiculous stragglers or the kind that are from bad old relaxer dry ends.  I have see-thru stragglers in the front and I am just going to have her angle my front to get rid of it.  The back only needs about 1/4 to 1/2 inch of a trim, and I want her to follow the V formation which is the way hair tends to grow in the back.

I also pay my stylist a lot like Wifey because it encourages them to do what you want to keep you coming back.  I am tempted to just do a major dusting myself, but can't see the back well enough.  I think I could angle the front, but I know that it will look much better by the stylist.

bronzeg View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2007 at 8:44am
i was one of those ppl who wanted to hang on to my hair...but honestly, it just didn't look good..eventhough i did not wear my hair dwn..it just looked ummm...nasty...any who..i chopped...and i am soo much happier ...i realized that it was only hair, and it would grow back..better:

august-december;sorry, my hair wasn't comned properly;

Eta: my sig looks better..

Edited by bronzeg - Dec 18 2007 at 8:45am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair