Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Talk Archives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Forum LockedWhy BC Thin, See Through Ends?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Ediese View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why BC Thin, See Through Ends?
    Posted: Dec 17 2007 at 7:53am
Ladies,

I'm really curious to know why some of you decide to chop off your healthy ends because it's thin, and see through.

I've noticed (through my fotki stalking of course) that many women that chose to keep their ends were able to significantly improve it. Just a few names at the top of my head; TiffanyO, JenniferMD, McElweewife. I know that some of these women did get their ends trimmed gradually, but they didn't chop it all off.

So, ladies, if you have healthy ends that are thin and see through, why do you chop it off to start fresh?
Sponsored Links

mstoya25 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2007 at 8:02am
I think it looks better to have full hair from root to tip.....Thin ends just look like you need a trim...to me anyway...
alynxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2007 at 8:06am
I am part of the click that hasn't bc'd! I got a few comments on my fotki that I should cut the see thru ends (about 2 inches!) but because I don't really show my hair anyway, I don't see the point. Baggying keeps my ends intact and Profectiv healthy ends works wonders!
Ediese View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2007 at 8:18am
I think that I might cut it off when I reach BSL, but not a second sooner. To me when you cut it off, you're just cutting off all your progress and you have to start all over again. When I reach BSL, I won't might cutting it down to APL. It was just so hard getting past SL, I don't want to go back. lol kinda scared it might not got back there.
mcelweewife View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2007 at 9:06am
Originally posted by Ediese Ediese wrote:

I think that I might cut it off when I reach BSL, but not a second sooner. To me when you cut it off, you're just cutting off all your progress and you have to start all over again. When I reach BSL, I won't might cutting it down to APL. It was just so hard getting past SL, I don't want to go back. lol kinda scared it might not got back there.

It'll grow back, no need to fear!Approve I dont trim my hair at ALL, because I always cut off too much. I just let my stylist do it when I get a touch up (2-3 times a year). She has NEVER heard of BHM or Cathy Howse, but in all the years I have gone to her (on and off since 2001) she has NEVER been scissor happy. She told me that when she was young, the beauticians would always cut off more than what was necessary, and she never wanted to be THAT kind of stylist. She only trims what NEEDS to be trimmed and nothing more, that's why I love her so much!Heart It's really hard to find a stylist you can connect with and who listens. That's why I always give her $100.00 for my touch up. (She only charges 65.00, but she does such a good job, I feel compelled to give her that extra 35.00 bucks).
alynxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2007 at 9:46am
Originally posted by mcelweewife mcelweewife wrote:

Originally posted by Ediese Ediese wrote:

It'll grow back, no need to fear!Approve I dont trim my hair at ALL, because I always cut off too much. I just let my stylist do it when I get a touch up (2-3 times a year). She has NEVER heard of BHM or Cathy Howse, but in all the years I have gone to her (on and off since 2001) she has NEVER been scissor happy. She told me that when she was young, the beauticians would always cut off more than what was necessary, and she never wanted to be THAT kind of stylist. She only trims what NEEDS to be trimmed and nothing more, that's why I love her so much!Heart It's really hard to find a stylist you can connect with and who listens. That's why I always give her $100.00 for my touch up. (She only charges 65.00, but she does such a good job, I feel compelled to give her that extra 35.00 bucks).

you betta believe that your stylist is worth the money!!!She is def doing a good job with your touch ups! my best friend and I do mini trims for each other and it is never more than 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch!!
MedMunky View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2007 at 9:55am
I personally like fullness from root to ends. I have no qualms about chopping off my ends when they get thin or split or rough. To me the hair looks healthier, neater, more well-groomed without see-thru ends. Taking care of the ends counts for a lot. Fewer split ends = less hair breakage, so the ends stay fuller and stronger, longer, and therefore no need to chop them off.  
LdySpartyLo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2007 at 10:34am
Originally posted by MedMunky MedMunky wrote:

I personally like fullness from root to ends. I have no qualms about chopping off my ends when they get thin or split or rough. To me the hair looks healthier, neater, more well-groomed without see-thru ends. Taking care of the ends counts for a lot. Fewer split ends = less hair breakage, so the ends stay fuller and stronger, longer, and therefore no need to chop them off.  

ITA!!  My hair looks worse if I try to hang on to thinner ends and make it work with the thicker, healthier hair.  The last time I took off over an inch of hair (almost 2 inches) was because I changed to PhytoRelaxer and the ends of my hair that had different relaxer looked awful compared to the rest.  I hated doing the cut, but my hair looked so much better and grew out more evenly.  The last trim I did six months later it was definitely more of dusting and didn't require a BC.  Ditching the thin ends always works out better for me.  I more concerned about how all my hair looks rather worrying about where the ends of my hair hangs.
Ediese View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2007 at 10:42am
I totally understand where you guys are coming from, but take a look at this picture that I found on another board (hope she won't mind). This lady chose not to cut her hair even though it was little see through and look at how beautiful and thick it looks one year later.

Edited by Ediese - Dec 17 2007 at 10:42am
alynxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2007 at 10:44am
I think it depends on your preference, a little dusting or mini trim is enough for me! as long as there is hair growing out of my scalp the thickness will eventually seep thru to the ends anyways!
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic