Why are you theist/atheist?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
Adrian View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why are you theist/atheist?
    Posted: Nov 02 2013 at 10:05pm
...a question for atheist: why don't you believe in God?

And for believers, why do you believe in God?

Edited by Adrian - Nov 02 2013 at 10:05pm
Sponsored Links

patternsandtexture View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patternsandtexture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2013 at 9:11am
As an agnostic I tend to see there is no clear answer and definite answer on any of these answers. I research the bible and other religions and see there are thousands of religions and the ones who became popular are through war and not intellect and rational thought. Why create a rational universe and a rational mathematical 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and so on dimensions and our religion is based on belief and random prayer? It has no logical basis and the supernatural is not present in our natural environment why? There is nothing logical about it and even genesis 1 is false due to that the earth existed before stars, which would be false since the earth is part of the residue of our sun in which was created during the formation of universe. Other religions they are just parables and stories to get people to relate to their gods in the best way they can. Something created in the human imagination.
Now, I won't say there isn't a deity out there or advance beings who did in fact created us and this universe, but I need more solid evidence and that this phenomenon of life isn't something that naturally occurs.
purpulicious01 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purpulicious01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2013 at 10:42am
Theist here. 

Big question, but to keep it short and sweet:

I believe in God simply because we all came from somewhere,  something created everything that exists - from microscopical molecules in humans, animals, to the vast universe/galaxies. 

I'm a big believer in education, actively gaining and seeking knowledge, and the more I learn, the more my belief is affirmed. (I.e. biology books about complexity of the human bodies tend to strengthen my convictions that we have a Creator)

What about you OP? Do you consider yourself a theist/atheist?

Edited by purpulicious01 - Nov 03 2013 at 11:04am
Adrian View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2013 at 3:25pm
I'm a theist. Because I have prayed to God many times and my prayers have been answer/God has responded. There was a very short time in my life where I was atheist. I do not believe in the adam and eve story (I believe in evolution), nor do I believe in the bible. But you can call me a "new age" believer. I believe in psychics and clairvoyants. In fact, I just received a reading from a clairvoyant a few months ago and she was on point as usual.

I welcome anyone to question my beliefs.
bigheddz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigheddz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2013 at 1:28pm
I am a theist because I feel like it
bigheddz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigheddz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2013 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by patternsandtexture patternsandtexture wrote:

As an agnostic I tend to see there is no clear answer and definite answer on any of these answers. I research the bible and other religions and see there are thousands of religions and the ones who became popular are through war and not intellect and rational thought. Why create a rational universe and a rational mathematical 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and so on dimensions and our religion is based on belief and random prayer? It has no logical basis and the supernatural is not present in our natural environment why? There is nothing logical about it and even genesis 1 is false due to that the earth existed before stars, which would be false since the earth is part of the residue of our sun in which was created during the formation of universe. Other religions they are just parables and stories to get people to relate to their gods in the best way they can. Something created in the human imagination.
<span ="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre">     </span>Now, I won't say there isn't a deity out there or advance beings who did in fact created us and this universe, but I need more solid evidence and that this phenomenon of life isn't something that naturally occurs.

you sound more atheist than agnostic, are you communist by chance? I think logic and rationality are two words that are overused, because one can find logic and rationality in anything. The question is whether the logic or rationale are valid.

The creation story in Genesis is not valid, not because it lacks logic but because its premises or assumptions are false. However, the creation story in Genesis which takes up about 3 or 4 paragraphs is not the basis of the religion nor faith. Most likely just a quick answer to the age old question of "where do we come from?"
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patternsandtexture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2013 at 8:52am
Originally posted by bigheddz bigheddz wrote:

Originally posted by patternsandtexture patternsandtexture wrote:

<span ="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre">     </span>Now, I won't say there isn't a deity out there or advance beings who did in fact created us and this universe, but I need more solid evidence and that this phenomenon of life isn't something that naturally occurs.

you sound more atheist than agnostic, are you communist by chance? I think logic and rationality are two words that are overused, because one can find logic and rationality in anything. The question is whether the logic or rationale are valid.

The creation story in Genesis is not valid, not because it lacks logic but because its premises or assumptions are false. However, the creation story in Genesis which takes up about 3 or 4 paragraphs is not the basis of the religion nor faith. Most likely just a quick answer to the age old question of "where do we come from?"

Scientifically, genesis is false and it's not even assumption. This is pretty good. I agree there is some level of rational and logic in somethings, but are they factual or not is perhaps the better wording. If it's not than how can I believe in something that is proven false.
creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 2:33pm
I hate using science to argue religion just as much as I hate when people use religion to argue science
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2013 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by bigheddz bigheddz wrote:

I am a theist because I feel like it
ThisLOL

But I've seen too many prophesies fulfilled it would be absurd for me to not believe. That's why I don't get sweat it when people talk crap about my God, mocking, scorn, etc. At the end of the day, someone's unbelief is NOT going to stop YHWH's plans from coming to pass.

Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote patternsandtexture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 01 2013 at 12:52am
Originally posted by creole booty creole booty wrote:

I hate using science to argue religion just as much as I hate when people use religion to argue science

there isnt much to argue with when it comes to facts
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>