Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Why Are They Your Friend?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 2.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why Are They Your Friend?
    Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 10:39pm
Ok I am a bit nostalgic. I was just thinking about some of my good friends and how we became friends.

Are there certain people you became friends with because of something they did or said?

My best friend first became my friend back in middle school when she stopped me out of the blue to ask if I wanted to play on her recreational basketball team because they needed more girls. I did and loved it. Basketball kept me on track and motivated me to go to school and college. If she hadn't asked, I probably wouldn't have been as dedicated to the game. She was good and seeing her ball inspired me to ball.

In elementary school, my godsister always sat on the school bus by herself.  She would get off at the stop before mines, so we lived close. One day I sat down next to her and said hello. We sat together every day after that and played together sometimes after school. We claim each other as  godsisters because we wanted to be family.

This one lady I used to work with had the most amazing laugh. It would be quiet in the office and out of nowhere she would start cracking up about something she was listening to on the radio. Her laugh made me laugh. So I started making small talk with her and we became really good friends.

My male best friend became my friend when he called me after my childhood best friend was murdered to give his condolences. They used to be boyfriend/girlfriend in elementary. He and I started talking on the phone, hanging out and hooping together ever since that phone call.

Sponsored Links

missdeeluxe View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote missdeeluxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 10:46pm
I met my best friend in kindergarten.
She had the Ariel barbie I had been wanting so I asked if we could play with it together, been friends ever since.
Smile

My other friends and I met in high school.
I befriended one girl in our American History class, she introduced me to the rest of her group.
We lost one girl but the rest of us are still tight despite the fact that we're all scattered around the state.

My guy friends are mostly friends of my boyfriend, so we all met through him.
The rest I met at my local community college.

Edited by missdeeluxe - Jan 05 2013 at 10:46pm
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 10:53pm
1. I dropped a book out of my locker onto her head , she gave me the nastiest eye roll. It was history from there, we're still friends

2. This loud ratchet ass dorm room neighbor of mine, I used to dislike very much, we even had a nickname for her.. my room was the hang out spot and she kept involving herself through another friend of mine.. eventually I came to love her. Just got off the phone with her

3.This big booty hoe went to my college, she was friends of a friend.. then we started working together and eventually became great friends, she's my main bitch

4. Loud annoying ass supervisor wanted to be my friend, asked me to ride out to louisiana with him.. I did cause I didnt wanna get fired and he was kinda cool by this point.. this was 5 yrs ago and we're good friends today

5. He was good friends with my ex. We became good friends, 5 yrs later..we're real close and theyre not
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 10:56pm
i remember picking my best friend in 5th grade bc we were both tall [my ass stopped growing soon after] and both our names started with the same letter. it was perfect!
femmefatale85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 10:59pm
my first best friend i met in kindergarten...our moms liked each other so we became family

she got pregnant at 15 and made me the godmother, but i had a future 

so my next best friends i met in 7th grade and we were the only black people at the school so we had to stick together
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 11:09pm
We met my freshman year at college; she was an upperclass-woman. Her roommate was also a freshman that I met at Pre-O. I met her thru that friend. She and I  started doing things together and we bonded. We used to say why didn't we get put together as roommates. She introduced me to her friends which became mine too. And we're still together!
nycdiva357 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote nycdiva357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 11:17pm
pity tall?? wooo sah!

but my bestie and I met in the 7th grade.

it was the first day of school...and we had assigned seating in our humanities class. Each desk sat two students.. and we shared a desk.
The first thing she said to me was "that man (our teacher) is cute"

lol.
this is what happens when you are 12...and your teacher is a 22 yr old.. ex/model.

its weird b/c we used to dress alike...but not on purpose. we just had similar taste.. and it showed!
her child is my first god-child.
we are more like family now.
She works w/ my mom. I used to work w/ her mom.
and we call each other...and each other's sisters sisters
Jess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 11:22pm
One friend I met through my sibling.

Another I met freshman year of college.  We were in the same class.  Someone took my seat so I had to sit next to her.  I asked if she wanted to be in my group.  We bonded over True Blood.  She's great.  She puts up with my crazy.

I still don't have a BFF to infinity, but she's a great friend.
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 12:25am
Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

1. I dropped a book out of my locker onto her head , she gave me the nastiest eye roll. It was history from there, we're still friends

2. This loud ratchet ass dorm room neighbor of mine, I used to dislike very much, we even had a nickname for her.. my room was the hang out spot and she kept involving herself through another friend of mine.. eventually I came to love her. Just got off the phone with her

3.This big booty hoe went to my college, she was friends of a friend.. then we started working together and eventually became great friends, she's my main bitch

4. Loud annoying ass supervisor wanted to be my friend, asked me to ride out to louisiana with him.. I did cause I didnt wanna get fired and he was kinda cool by this point.. this was 5 yrs ago and we're good friends today

5. He was good friends with my ex. We became good friends, 5 yrs later..we're real close and theyre not

LOL
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 12:26am
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

i remember picking my best friend in 5th grade bc we were both tall [my ass stopped growing soon after] and both our names started with the same letter. it was perfect!

I have some friends I've befriended because we were the same height or our names were similar hahaha
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic