Extensions Plus

Forum LockedWhy are post being deleted.

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Charmtreese View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why are post being deleted.
    Posted: Nov 07 2006 at 10:51am

Is it against forum rules to have an open discussion regarding other hair forums and hair length?  It seems that threads that may express different or even controversial topics regarding hair growth are removed from the forum if they contain an opinion that goes against “popular” opinion on this forum.  I would hope that BHM is not going to censor all topics that may go against the grain.  I have found that members here may not always agree on a particular topic, however if an opinion is expressed in a way that is not derogatory or demeaning to another member there should be no reason to remove the thread or ban the member. 

Every topic is not going to be frou-frou and pleasant.  The topics that posses a variation of opinions are the one's where you really obtain information and may even become enlighten by something that differs from your own view.  This thread is not intended to ruffle any feathers! Happy Hair Growing!!! Heart

Sponsored Links

RealBlackBarbie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2006 at 11:00am
You know what I really don't mind that my post was deleted. I wasn't TRYING to cause drama, but it did.

ETA: I'm not banned, it's all good. Wink

Edited by RealBlackBarbie - Nov 07 2006 at 11:01am
FooFoo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2006 at 11:26am
I noticed too Charm. My post was deleted because I posted a link and the moderator said that was against the rules. I didn't know that. I have to type out the links so I will re post what I said earlier
B_phlyy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2006 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by Charmtreese Charmtreese wrote:

Is it against forum rules to have an open discussion regarding other hair forums and hair length?  It seems that threads that may express different or even controversial topics regarding hair growth are removed from the forum if they contain an opinion that goes against “popular” opinion on this forum.  I would hope that BHM is not going to censor all topics that may go against the grain.  I have found that members here may not always agree on a particular topic, however if an opinion is expressed in a way that is not derogatory or demeaning to another member there should be no reason to remove the thread or ban the member. 

Every topic is not going to be frou-frou and pleasant.  The topics that posses a variation of opinions are the one's where you really obtain information and may even become enlighten by something that differs from your own view.  This thread is not intended to ruffle any feathers! Happy Hair Growing!!! Heart

ITA

I found out that the other thread got deleted through another board. Even if it's not discussed here, some people, like myself, are members of several boards, so it's going to be discussed. Unpopular opinions are just that, unpopular opinions, not facts, laws or rules. State your peace in a topic and be done with it.
MO View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2006 at 12:33pm

........Is it against forum rules to have an open discussion regarding other hair forums and hair length?........ 

No...but here are the BHM Rules to avoid any of your post/information from being removed.Maybe there was something done (non-intentional) that caused this action

HTH

Edited by Monet001 - Nov 07 2006 at 12:34pm

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2006 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by B_phlyy B_phlyy wrote:

ITA

I found out that the other thread got deleted through another board. Even if it's not discussed here, some people, like myself, are members of several boards, so it's going to be discussed. Unpopular opinions are just that, unpopular opinions, not facts, laws or rules. State your peace in a topic and be done with it.

Exactly!Clap

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2006 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by Monet001 Monet001 wrote:

........Is it against forum rules to have an open discussion regarding other hair forums and hair length?........ 

No...but here are the BHM Rules to avoid any of your post/information from being removed.Maybe there was something done (non-intentional) that caused this action

HTH

Oh, Okay I re-read through the rules and I guess the post was deleted because of the hyper links that it included.  That is good to know, because I would hate to think that opinions are being censored!! Wink
Prada3721 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2006 at 1:39pm
I think the confusion just comes because we are bound by the rules and we have to know them back and forth but other members don't really read or remember them -- so they think we are just the horrid First Amendment smashing censorship crew. . . .

We are trying to get a handle on things and create uniform decision making procedures but it is taking some time -- over 30,000 posts are made a day, if a post is deleted and there is an issue let us know and we'll try to take care of it. . .

Please be patient with us.  We love BHM too!
Phoenix1017 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2006 at 5:16pm

I haven't seen this, but I hope that is not going on, though. And I agree with you on the second bolded portion.

Edited by Phoenix1017 - Nov 07 2006 at 5:16pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic