Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Why Are Americans Fleeing the Suburbs?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
TexturizedDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TexturizedDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by TexturizedDiva TexturizedDiva wrote:

Postin' from my condo in the city Cool

Yeah, I didn't say this to be obnoxious, I'm just happy I'm here firmly rooted before the white people gentrify and push us out like they did back at home Ermm (DC).
Sponsored Links

Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 12:26pm
lol.. i cant remember the name of the show, its the one where they go to 3 properties and at the end they tell you the price. Im from NYC so i would pass out seeing those 5 b/3 bath homes with a finished basement for $400,000 with an underground pool Ouch.. i either want that or a 1000sq ft condo its apples and apples to me

house hunters i think

Edited by Ming - Apr 29 2014 at 12:37pm
LovesHim View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LovesHim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 1:45pm
WHITE FLIGHT 
305bgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 305bgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 3:23pm
I wish people would stay they're ass*es out there; but naww they're overcrowding my city, f*cking up traffic flow, making the parking worst, and grocery store lines longerPinch
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 3:52pm
I love the thought of a small condo in the heart of the city and a comfortable weekend home in a rural area.
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 3:55pm
You know, I probably didn't read in-depth enough but I hope this article highlighted age in this phenomena.

Because older generations are the ones who love it here, move out here, and stay here. Also families looking for a cleaner and more stable environment.

But if you're young and or getting your wings warmed, it's terrible because it's awfully boring and the job market isn't exactly accepting due to an over-saturation of people.
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 4:20pm
I live less than a mile outside city limits.  I love it.  Quiet.  Safe.  Gorgeous manicured trails, live by a lake.  My kids schools are amazing.  They can play outside.  The house is big enough that we ain't breathing up in each other's faces all the time.

BUT when we want to shop, go on fun dates, drink too much and need to get a cab home - it ain't that far.  Best of both worlds.

These taxes though.....
Marcelo22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcelo22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by ThatGurlD ThatGurlD wrote:

I live less than a mile outside city limits.  I love it.  Quiet.  Safe.  Gorgeous manicured trails, live by a lake.  My kids schools are amazing.  They can play outside.  The house is big enough that we ain't breathing up in each other's faces all the time.

BUT when we want to shop, go on fun dates, drink too much and need to get a cab home - it ain't that far.  Best of both worlds.

These taxes though.....

what city u live outside of?
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by ThatGurlD ThatGurlD wrote:

These taxes though.....

That sounds perfect! Nice balance

i was just looking up home prices in Fairfax. It's as expensive as living in DC
Marcelo22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Marcelo22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 4:27pm
Bomani Jones goes in on housing discrimination and white flight.

Starts at 4:45

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>