Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Why Are Americans Fleeing the Suburbs?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
TexturizedDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote TexturizedDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 4:50pm
Postin' from my condo in the city Cool
Sponsored Links

NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 5:01pm
the infrastructure in most cities are typically better in the suburbs (better public transportation/better snow removal/better access to major highways) and the property value in the suburbs went down a lot with many gated communities getting hit with foreclosures while city property values remain relatively steady. Both can be good tho. Depends on preferences and your lifestyle.
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 5:14pm
As a single person (who plans to remain single and childfree), cities have all the amenities I crave along with the ability to live in a smaller space. I couldn't imagine living in an actual suburb.

jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2014 at 7:09am
I guess everything really is cyclical.
About 50-60 years ago cities were thought to be dirty and unnatural and uninhabitable leaving them only to the lower class

I don't want city life. I'll be house hunting in maybe a year or two and I want a large property.
I love the outside and gardening. I wouldn't be happy in a tight space

Edited by jonesable - Apr 26 2014 at 7:11am
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2014 at 7:41am
LMAO

I live in the suburbs

Ain't nobody leaving

The house prices here are too good

Kocoa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kocoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2014 at 7:41am
Ugh, I hated living in the burbs (ATL) in my 20s. There was no public trans and everything was an hr's drive away w/ the unending traffic (SMMFH @ the traffic on s. fulton pkwy at 4 in the morning ~_~). I'm kinda in the burbs right now in Sydney but there's at least buses out here and the express train only takes 45 (if that) mins to get into the city. Jeezus gawd, I am never leaving the city ever again.
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2014 at 7:46am

I never really used public transit so having that as an option was never a selling point for me

Can get to most places I want go in 5 to 30 minutes where I live

DC is 45 minutes away but I don't really want to go there often

I can see why younger people like the city though
NuAttitude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NuAttitude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

I never really used public transit so having that as an option was never a selling point for me

Can get to most places I want go in 5 to 30 minutes where I live

DC is 45 minutes away but I don't really want to go there often

I can see why younger people like the city though

I agree, in my opinion, having children and living in the burbs has it's perks! In my book it's about safety and education!  School system is by far better than the city, all kids even high school kids are transported via school bus.  Much Better than that dam MTA city train. And my complex isn't gated but we have all amenities so letting my kids go outside will not turn my hair gray as fast as it was when we were in the city.LOL
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 12:18pm
I would prefer to stay in the burbs....I can't take philly. The thought of chaining down my grill or chairs so no one can take my stuff makes me sad LOL
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 12:19pm
I would love to live in the City.  Like all the way in the City.  My cousin (who is paying out the ass in rent for a studio) says it's the best.  She right across the street from the Public Gardens. 3 blocks over from Newbury St. 5 minutes from Copley.  It's close to everything and she don't even need a T-Pass because everything was walking distance.  Lord ha'mercy let me live in one dem high rises that is still over half empty 6 years later.  You couldn't tell me sh*t.

Tho...it would make more sense to live further out when this Zombie apocalypse goes down.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic