Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Why Are Americans Fleeing the Suburbs?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 2:26pm
I live in city per se but would prefer to live in the burbs... where my parents live is nice and quiet..
Sponsored Links

EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 2:35pm
i convinced the dh to move to the city
this negro wants to flee to the burbs in the next 2 years....but like NOVA burbs which i guess is close enough to the city

the other day we went out for dinner somewhere near our neighborhood. drove for 5 mins. sat down outside. back home in 5 mins. when we pull up he looks at me and says "this is what you imagined living in DC isn't it?" yes. i love running on the National Mall whenever i want. I've seen more of the sights in DC during my runs than I have in my entire life.

there are downsides--like parking tickets, gotta be more aware of my surroundings, less space etc. but whatever.
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 2:42pm
I like both (lol)
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 3:01pm
People may just want to live where they work commuting to the city from the suburbs is pure hell.
iliveforbhm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 3:13pm
Living in the city >>>>>>>suburbs
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by Journey94 Journey94 wrote:

Living in the suburbs is like dying a slow death. Glad to see others are realizing this. I don't want kids or some white picket fence and cookie cutter lifestyle. I want to travel, I want atmosphere, the burbs are boring af.

i gotta agree with this 

to an extent tho...living in the city/fast life can be a different kind of death

melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

I like both (lol)

Me too. I love shopping in the suburbs. I love the city for food and culture.

Suburbs usually have higher ranked public schools but I'm not convinced that translates to higher achievement for black students.

I work in the far far suburbs so my commute is running the show at the moment.
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 3:47pm
yep
a home in the burbs and a condo in the city.
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 3:56pm
when I have kids...that's when it matter to me to live in the suburbs...

I loved growing in the suburbs as a kid. Big yards, friendly neighbors, etc... to get what I had growing up....i would have live a past the suburbs but right before you get to the boondocks. lol... 
mzsophisticated View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mzsophisticated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 3:57pm
I prefer the suburbs because my job is located near area and the schools are better. Here in florida they grade the schools and most in suburbs are "A and B" schools, other schools in the downtown or city are lower grades "D and F" unless private schools. My friend kids are same grade as my daughter and they are atleast a grade level behind in work at their school so other kids can keep up
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic