Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Whos willing to help me with a simple algebra pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Whos willing to help me with a simple algebra pro

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Erikaa99182 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Erikaa99182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 11:27pm
Like others mentionned, the problem is you're multiplying the (x-y) by z twice since 5z*z(x-y) = 5 z^2 (x-y)
Basically, what you have to do is:
V = 5((x-y)/2) + w

Multiply both sides by z gives you:
V*z = Z * [5((x-y)/2) + w]

When you distribute the z to both the 5((x-y)/2) and the w, you get:
V*z = 5z((x-y)/2) + w*z.                 And not v*z = 5z*z((x-y)/2) + w*z (there's one too many z here as mentionned before)

Finally, when you eliminate the z in the first term on the right side of the equation, you get:
V*z = 5(x-y) + w*z

The z can't just be taken off since there is one term (the 5(x-y)) that doesn't have the z.
Both terms on the right side of the equation would have to have the z in them for you to be able to simplify your equation like you're trying to do,
But that isn't possible in this situation.

Makes sense? Sorry, which I could write it down and show you better than this...
Sponsored Links

liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 11:48pm
Ahhhhhhh I got it after (several more attempts)!!!!!

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 11:50pm
Thank you to  EVERYONE!!!!! that helped me. BHM has some smart and patient ladies! You're the best! Hug

I do need to find some more problems like this though so I can get my technique down...
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 11:53pm
Instead of just crossing stuff out I actually wrote the entire problem out step by step. I notice that whenever I try to skip a step or do it in my head, THAT'S when I mess up. By writing out each fraction and multiplying step by step I don't lose anything or forget what I was doing.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 11:54pm
So when I finally get it I get a one star? Whoever you are, you're a funny girl! LOL
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 11:58pm
Good job!
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2013 at 12:01am
Originally posted by _ConcreteRose_ _ConcreteRose_ wrote:

Good job!

Thanks, girl!
Bored w/Out Me? View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bored w/Out Me? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2013 at 12:08am
WTG Erikaa, You graduate from High School @12???
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2013 at 12:11am
Originally posted by Bored w/Out Me? Bored w/Out Me? wrote:

WTG Erikaa, You graduate from High School @12???

lol
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2013 at 12:12am
Erikaaa and Concrete, since you guys seem to be into math, have you ever heard of Khan Academy?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
  Share Topic