BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Who's doing/done Weight Watchers?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Chantal34 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chantal34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by aurora_sky aurora_sky wrote:

You definitely need to be in the mindset of a lifestyle change and not think of it as a diet
Sponsored Links

Prazol60 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 4:15am
I did it and failed. But I had to lose over 100 lbs so something like weight watchers was not for me. If you try it, good luck. It is easy to do and if you do it correctly you'll lose the weight. The problem is most gain it back after a few months.
Sparkpeople is great and you might want to check out http://www.myfitnesspal.com/

_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 6:16am
Originally posted by femmefatale85 femmefatale85 wrote:

sparkpeople.com...it's free

the nutrition tracker shows you how much you're actually consuming and they offer diet options

i've been using the site for about 2 years

this. I've only been using it for 3 weeks but it's been probably the easiest "diet" Ive ever done. After I started using it, I have only gone over my calorie limit 2 times. It's night a diet though, it just makes sure you eat the amount you are supposed to and exercise the amount you are supposed to. 
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 6:23am
Im thinking about going from sparkpeople to mfp only because I hear way more good reviews and good results from that.
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 7:56am
Originally posted by Tbaby Tbaby wrote:

Did you like it or hated it?  Did you reach your weight goals?  Hated being hungry but have a competitive nature so it was very rewarding every time I made it through another day.  Yes, I reached my goals.  

And most importantly--did you keep the weight off?  Nope.

What should I look for at a group meeting--red flags and such?  I only went to one.  I felt like those people thought about food way too much.  It was kind of creepy for me.

Are you going to meetings at all, or just the online tools?  Online.

I just signed up for a meeting on friday!  Time to stop thinking about losing weight and start losing weight!!

Those who are doing it LMKS! 

There are some valuable things I took away from it but I won't do it again.
Xamaycana View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xamaycana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 8:08am
I agree with trying Myfitnesspal.  It's a great site and there are quite a few BHM women over there who have had amazing losses.  You can use the app or the website.  The app is super handy because you can check the calories of things while eating out.

I've been slipping the past few weeks and there are members who have sent me messages to get me back on track.

Best of all-it's free!

Let me know if you join and I'll buddy with you.

Edited by Xamaycana - Dec 18 2012 at 8:12am
Prazol60 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 8:23am
Oh and if you do go to MFP and start working out it might be handy to get a heart monitor. You don't have to get one of those for $200 just any ol one that can count burned calories would work. Not all exercises are in the datebase so you'll have to manually enter some stuff.

Good luck with whatever you chose to do OP. I know losing weight isn't easy.
Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 11:26am
Originally posted by Xamaycana Xamaycana wrote:

I agree with trying Myfitnesspal.  It's a great site and there are quite a few BHM women over there who have had amazing losses.  You can use the app or the website.  The app is super handy because you can check the calories of things while eating out.

I've been slipping the past few weeks and there are members who have sent me messages to get me back on track.

Best of all-it's free!

Let me know if you join and I'll buddy with you.

I'll check it out.  I did sign up yesterday for a mtg on fri however...

Thank you and everyone for all the great suggestions and best wishes.Smile

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123