Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Who wants to bleach my closure for me??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Nigerian_princess View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigerian_princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who wants to bleach my closure for me??
    Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 9:02am
I'm serious as a heart attack. 

I've wasted too much money on closures and I can't afford to mess this one up too. I've tried every type of bleaching method and watched all the faux bleaching videos. I CAN'T GET IT!!!!!

So yeah..anyone wanna take pity on me?Embarrassed

Sponsored Links

Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 10:01am
Lol
afrodiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrodiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 11:31am
I feel your pain Princess, I had the same issue. I've never dealt with a
closure before. Looked at a lot of bleaching YT videos, but decided
to tea tint it. I guess it looks ok, but I have other problems now
like getting this stupid part to stay.
I did take some before pix, but probably can't post them since I'm
a dreaded "newbie." I need help all around.
msjaim2 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote msjaim2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 12:00pm
here are a few pics of what helped me bleach my closure about 2 years ago, Ive never seen anyone do it this way. Most folks had theirs pinned down to a foam head ( which makes the bleach more succeptable to traveling down the hair shaft. ). I hung mine on a hanger on my shower pole  & gently patted the bleach on the knots with a flat paint brush i purchased from the craft store, v/s pressing it in hope this helps. I also pinned/ clipped the length of the hair out of the way to ensure no screw ups.

Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by msjaim2 msjaim2 wrote:

here are a few pics of what helped me bleach my closure about 2 years ago, Ive never seen anyone do it this way. Most folks had theirs pinned down to a foam head ( which makes the bleach more succeptable to traveling down the hair shaft. ). I hung mine on a hanger on my shower pole  & gently patted the bleach on the knots with a flat paint brush i purchased from the craft store, v/s pressing it in hope this helps. I also pinned/ clipped the length of the hair out of the way to ensure no screw ups.

I think I messed up by pinning the closures to the foam head.
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 2:33pm
The trick is wait for the bleach to foam up like mousse. Once its in the foam state then you dab it on the lace. I will not seep through the lace the bleach will just sit on top of the lace until it start turning the knots light.
Milanni Parys View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Milanni Parys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

The trick is wait for the bleach to foam up like mousse. Once its in the foam state then you dab it on the lace. I will not seep through the lace the bleach will just sit on top of the lace until it start turning the knots light.
this is what I do! ^^^
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigerian_princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 5:21pm
I attempted a patch test after waiting for the bleach to expand and 'activate', but after it had moussed up it was thick and didn't stay where I tapped it. After about 45 minutes the knots were still there. Laughing at me...

So I tried to do the foundation/concealer thing and it was just changing the lace color. Knots were still laughing...
shantel75 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shantel75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 9:12pm
I have a closure that may need additional bleaching. How do I know what color, developer, etc to purchase? I am a nervous wreck!!
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigerian_princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 8:20am
Originally posted by afrodiva afrodiva wrote:

I feel your pain Princess, I had the same issue. I've never dealt with a
closure before. Looked at a lot of bleaching YT videos, but decided
to tea tint it. I guess it looks ok, but I have other problems now
like getting this stupid part to stay.
I did take some before pix, but probably can't post them since I'm
a dreaded "newbie." I need help all around.

Upload your pics to photobucket and post the link!

Shantel IDK if bleaching twice is a good idea. Double processing usually=sheddingConfused are the knots still visible?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic