Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Napp View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who twists with gel?
    Posted: Aug 29 2009 at 9:29am
I never liked twists with gel because it made my hair look weird. Plus i could not rinse my hair or cowash as often as i would like to. Anywhoo i recently tried twisting with gel and i love it. i have no frizz and rejuvenating the twists with water doesnt give me much frizz either(its still early). usually by day 3 I HAVE to retwist because my hair just look raggedy. i am very pleased. i used a mix of infuium 23,duotex and water as my leave in and use eco styler with oilve oil.

I think twists with just moisturizer or a conditioner is best for the summer time because i take alot of showers and just have extra time but during school time using gel is better because i dont have to wet my hair everyday or spend too much  time fussing with it during the week.

Im going to try to go for a week without retwisting. Mom is just going to have to deal.

Ideally i would keep this set of twists until december. i hate parting and parting over again.
Sponsored Links

RoxieDream View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2009 at 9:40am
i just have a question not related to the twists .... do you like the Ecostyler with Olive Oil?? I almost picked up a jar in CVS the other day but i'm wondering if it's better than the clear one?? 
GeminiSun View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2009 at 11:15am
I just recently started twisting with gel about a month ago and I really like it. i find that the gel really helps to cut down on the frizz. I've been very much "anti-gel" for years and i was really just trying it out so that i could use up the old stuff in my cabinet... now I'm a believer! Love it.
laz22girl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2009 at 1:29pm
I just rebraided my sister's hair...today I used gel and it's much less fuzzy. Last week I didn't use any gel and she was a poof ball. Hopefully the gel will help the braids last longer than a week!
Napp View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2009 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by RoxieDream RoxieDream wrote:

i just have a question not related to the twists .... do you like the Ecostyler with Olive Oil?? I almost picked up a jar in CVS the other day but i'm wondering if it's better than the clear one?? 

i really like it.Thumbs%20Up i like it better than the clear it dosent dry as crispy. and it smells 100x better than all the others. the others make me want to barf. it dosent smell like rainbows and sunshine but its very bearable and light. I havent used it to wear my hair out but it defined my curl pattern very well. i can't wait to do some more experimenting with diffrent product combos but ill wait until next week
aangel247 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2009 at 7:52pm
I HAVE to use gel or they will not stay twisted...my hair has no grip even though its so damn thickLOL
OnFiya View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2009 at 10:44pm
I used the clear eco styler to do my twist once and hated it. My twist shrunk so much and it looked weird when I took it down for the twistout. Maybe I used to much, I dunno but I gotta figure out another way.my twist use to hold so well with just shea butter, those days are so gone.
OnFiya View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2009 at 10:45pm
I used the clear eco styler to do my twist once and hated it. My twist shrunk so much and it looked weird when I took it down for the twistout. Maybe I used to much, I dunno but I gotta figure out another way.my twist use to hold so well with just shea butter and water, those days are so gone.
tchaueua View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2009 at 10:54pm
i do twist outs and i really dont like gel.  I mean the gel makes it look good the first day but i cant stand it for more than one day.  My hair feels dry and I think my hair started to look dull and raggedy.

I did did a twist out for a whole week!!  That's a personal best, lol.  And i think it is because I didnt use any gel at all this time.  I just made sure to moisturize before I went to bed and tied my hair down.  In the morning I moisturized again and fluffled the hair and I was ready to go.

When I used gel, the next day the hair would be so dry and dull but w/o my hair had a nice shine, was nice and pliable.  so i am off the ecostyler.

Edited by tchaueua - Aug 29 2009 at 10:54pm
NubQue757 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2009 at 1:51pm
Yes, I use ORS, it makes my twists look so much better and more healthy looking.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic