FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Who twists with gel?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

Author
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2009 at 3:20pm
yup i use gel. i use taliaha black or whatever her name is gel. all natural ingredients. loves it.
Sponsored Links

lashon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lashon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2009 at 7:05pm
I used IC Fantasia to do some twists and I loved it.
Mel1804 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mel1804 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2009 at 8:20pm
I used to twist with Blended Beauty's Happy Nappy Styles but it would never last more than 3 days. Last week, I used ORS Lock & Twist gel for the first time and I love it. It lasts longer and looks better.
loolalooh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loolalooh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2009 at 9:21am
Question:

1. Are y'all twisting on wet or dry hair? 

2. How much gel are you using?

TIA!
loolalooh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loolalooh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2009 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by Niik Niik wrote:

loo, i usually twist on damp hair that i've let air dry for a couple of hours (my hair takes forever to dry) in a butterfly clip.  it usually is a little stretched by the time i start twisting.

as for how much, i really never pay attention. i just dip my finger straight in and out and use whatever is there. after i finish twisting i smooth over the twist to gather up the excess and add it to the next section of hair.

Thanks much, Niik!!  I like twisting on stretched hair, so maybe I'll try your method.  I was worried about the gel making my hair shrink up too much.
Mel1804 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mel1804 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2009 at 8:58pm

loo, i usually twist on damp hair that i've let air dry for a couple of hours (my hair takes forever to dry) in a butterfly clip.  it usually is a little stretched by the time i start twisting.

as for how much, i really never pay attention. i just dip my finger straight in and out and use whatever is there. after i finish twisting i smooth over the twist to gather up the excess and add it to the next section of hair.
I do the same thing.
natural girl View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natural girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2009 at 9:28pm
I only twist with homemade FSG. Can't imagine anything else. Used to use ORS loc & twist gel and others. But flaxseed is a gift from the gods, I tell ya. Nothing more than that for me and I'm good to go. On day three of my twistout, and each day is better. Love this stuff.
OnMyJourney View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnMyJourney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2009 at 11:09pm

Originally posted by natural girl natural girl wrote:

I only twist with homemade FSG. Can't imagine anything else. Used to use ORS loc & twist gel and others. But flaxseed is a gift from the gods, I tell ya. Nothing more than that for me and I'm good to go. On day three of my twistout, and each day is better. Love this stuff.

I have told myself a million times that I'm going to make some FSG and I've YET to do it. CryCry I'm such a slacker sometimes. Ouch
NubQue757 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NubQue757 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2009 at 1:14pm
1. Are y'all twisting on wet or dry hair?

2. How much gel are you using?

In Response to Loola

I twist on damp hair...if its wet, its shrinks to much but if its dry once I wear a twist out, its not as defined.

I just put a small amount on my finger and start twisting, if the my fingers get dry before I get to the end of my twist, I dip it in the gel again. But I don't saturate it.

Edited by NubQue757 - Sep 03 2009 at 1:15pm
loolalooh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loolalooh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2009 at 2:38pm

maybe i missed something, but what is FSG?
feeling kind of out of it today.Wacko

Flaxseed Gel.  LOL ... tis okay.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic