Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Who is the best/biggest instigator here?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus
 

Who is the best/biggest instigator here?

 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 174175176177178 203>






Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 19 Votes, Average 3.26  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Oct 12 2010
Location: SC
Status: Offline
Points: 287374
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 8:06am
IA with that too.

You can use anything in an argument if you feel it's to your advantage .
Coco why is that the thing that bothers you when lots of things are brought up ?
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Dec 30 2006
Location: Cali
Status: Online
Points: 225047
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 8:06am
ppl can have money and be miserable.. trust me i know.. 

but my point is.. to most.. 

one is an achievement.. 
the other is not (soul mate.. yes.. boyfriend..? no) 

I'm done! 
(don't take the exclamation for me being pressed.. this was a lovely convo.. lets do it again sometime.. when youre going to be more realistic) 


Back to Top
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Oct 12 2010
Location: SC
Status: Offline
Points: 287374
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 8:07am
Coco who did KC pick?
Back to Top
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Dec 30 2006
Location: Cali
Status: Online
Points: 225047
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 8:09am
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

IA with that too.

You can use anything in an argument if you feel it's to your advantage .
Coco why is that the thing that bothers you when lots of things are brought up ?

i just don't get it.. 

there are many things i don't get but its sad that some feel validated by a man…. 

i know good and well most girls can go and get a man tomorrow.. so i just don't get why thats said like its an achievement. 
you can't fly to africa tomorrow if you wanted to.. or go drop 3k on a bag.. they're in different realms.. 
no, financials are not very important to some.. but to many.. a man is super easy to come by and money is not. 


Edited by coconess - Feb 02 2014 at 8:12am
Back to Top
AwesomeAries View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Aug 25 2012
Status: Online
Points: 84495
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 8:10am
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

ppl can have money and be miserable.. trust me i know.. 

but my point is.. to most.. 

one is an achievement.. 
the other is not (soul mate.. yes.. boyfriend..? no) 

I'm done! 
(don't take the exclamation for me being pressed.. this was a lovely convo.. lets do it again sometime.. when youre going to be more realistic) 




You're not being realistic this is the internet anything goes
you are trying to cape for someone and are overlooking the facts
I notice that about you
Even if you see someone else's point
if you caping you gone keep going till your cape burns up
Back to Top
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 08 2006
Location: southside holla
Status: Offline
Points: 238907
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 8:11am

ummm i actually like most parts of cortez's e-persona...

and based on at least one of her previous screen names and various previous posts, i do believe she places some value on having a man... 
Back to Top
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Oct 12 2010
Location: SC
Status: Offline
Points: 287374
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 8:12am
I just think when ppl say it they aren't talking about any old man off the corner.
If we're talking about using it as an insult I take it to mean'" I have all the things in MY man , you wish you had"

I'm not for or against it.
But if you're arguing most things are fair game
Back to Top
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Dec 30 2006
Location: Cali
Status: Online
Points: 225047
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 8:13am
Originally posted by AwesomeAries AwesomeAries wrote:

Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

ppl can have money and be miserable.. trust me i know.. 

but my point is.. to most.. 

one is an achievement.. 
the other is not (soul mate.. yes.. boyfriend..? no) 

I'm done! 
(don't take the exclamation for me being pressed.. this was a lovely convo.. lets do it again sometime.. when youre going to be more realistic) 




You're not being realistic this is the internet anything goes
you are trying to cape for someone and are overlooking the facts
I notice that about you
Even if you see someone else's point
if you caping you gone keep going till your cape burns up


what are you talking about…? 

im not caping for anyone.. I've gotten into it with both cortez and sandra… 
 i say 'i don't get the having a man argument' in EVERY thread it pops up in… 

girl bye. you don't know what youre talking about… 
Back to Top
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Nov 15 2010
Location: Brick City
Status: Offline
Points: 160552
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 8:15am
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Plus they don't have to be mutually exclusive.

Added income +companionship is usually what a good man brings
That's what Sandy is talking about too.

I'm not gonna widen the scope when it comes to money on this board bc y'all usually just mean bags here.
We will keep it superficial.

Money validates someone but having true companionship doesn't?

Yeah...ok coco
Clap you did that...

 maybe that's why I feel so strongly (and comprehend this logic) about relationship trumps money, because I'm not lacking in either & I have that in my man. I gravitate towards the emotions of love because I've known my partner just about all my life and our connection goes deeper than the metaphysical ideas of love or just acquiring "things". He is the traditional standard of what a man represents which is, security, protection, comfort both financially as well as physically.

i dont understand how y'all aren't getting it.. youre talking about yourselves.. I'm talking about the original point of this convo.. and how the sole acquirement of a man to some.. is validating. 

if i had to choose between the love of my life/soul mate.. and money..? id pick him. 

but this was never about finding, 'the one' 
its about 'i have a man, youre home alone.. you lose' 





Our opinions are founded on personal beliefs/perspectives, can't divorce that concept for the sake of winning an argument.

 The original premise which brought forth your point was sandra speaking about her relationship in a rebuttal to someone that didn't have one. It struck you because on some level that is unsettling.

We tend to gravitate towards our own truths...meaning what aligns with core beliefs. So if someone identifies a successful relationship as tangible, then that isn't your truth at this present time...or may never be.

Just like money equates to achievement to others...it is a tangible concept & is there truth...

However, what can not be refuted money is not a sustainable replacement for love.

Men & women have sacrificed possessions in the pursuit of love for ages whether that love was tangible or not.

 


Back to Top
AwesomeAries View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Aug 25 2012
Status: Online
Points: 84495
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (16) Thanks(16)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 8:15am
Coco you act like a spoiled brat I swear and you go on forever if you don't get your way
I haven't seen your beef with cortez but everyone here knows you are beefing with sandra
it seems like you are going hard to invalidate her argument
but if that ain't what you doing
my bad

Edited by AwesomeAries - Feb 02 2014 at 8:17am
Back to Top
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 174175176177178 203>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down