Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2008 at 3:09pm
Castor Oil Update:

So, previously I had really thin eyebrows (in a previous post I mentioned my threader said I should use castor oil to grow them in). So I used it religiously for like a week. Last Friday I got my eye brows done. How about this is the first time my threader didn't tell me she had to thread sparingly on one side because my brows were too thin. So, my brows are super thick...and my edges are growing in nicely. Typically, they grow in thick but then don't go past .25" so they're long enough to be visible and make the install look bad but not long enough to be braided in, so I usually shave/nair them every 2 weeks or so.

Also, I know people have mentioned this before. But what can be used to make the edges lay down that doesn't smell, make my head flake and so forth?
Sponsored Links

talia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2008 at 4:39pm

Well, I read through the whole thread ...... lots of good tips.....so when is the grow your edges challenge starting????

I'm using megatek and while I see that my hairline is thickening up, it's not gaining a lot of length....it's like I have these mini afros on both of my temples.   I got to lay it down with megatek and castor oil in the am, cuz' if not those bushes would be showing through the weave....lol.

Edited by talia - Jun 25 2008 at 4:41pm
jazzired View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2008 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by modelbusiness82 modelbusiness82 wrote:

Castor Oil Update:

So, previously I had really thin eyebrows (in a previous post I mentioned my threader said I should use castor oil to grow them in). So I used it religiously for like a week. Last Friday I got my eye brows done. How about this is the first time my threader didn't tell me she had to thread sparingly on one side because my brows were too thin. So, my brows are super thick...and my edges are growing in nicely. Typically, they grow in thick but then don't go past .25" so they're long enough to be visible and make the install look bad but not long enough to be braided in, so I usually shave/nair them every 2 weeks or so.

Also, I know people have mentioned this before. But what can be used to make the edges lay down that doesn't smell, make my head flake and so forth?

model biz, I've been using murrays wax (Don't know if I'm spelling it right- its in the stuff old men use to slick down their waves) with a tooth brush for my difficult edges.  I have to say it looks really good and it does not have that gelled look.  Be careful if you try this because it can build up after a week.  I wash my hair weekly so its not that big of a deal to me. 

Edited by jazzired - Jun 25 2008 at 5:47pm
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2008 at 9:16pm
Good to know. I try to wash my hair once a week, now I've started to do an "every other day" co wash. I'll have to try that. Because the typical oils and gels are like child's play for my edges lol. 
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2008 at 12:42am
yup I am not a BEAST when it comes to starting the challanges I just say start like now at whatever stage you are and if something works in about lets say 4 weeks or current install then post pics and lest us know so Maybe people can post b4 pics in their albums and then the after pics. ect.

_ where can I find ojion???
honeyb1181 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2008 at 12:48am
I'm sooo in!! I've also been using Dr. Miracles Temple and Nape balm. I'm going to get back on my biotin and start using castor oil. MORE WATER!!!!!! I've been going back and forth from curly to str8 installs leaving my edges out with the curly hair. Also when I wash or co-wash my curly installs I put hair mayo on my leave out and comb/blend it with the weave. I have an area that is shorter than the rest due to some ridiculously tight micro cornrows that I foolishly let a friend of mine put in a while back. I had those bad boys in for 2 days and took em out! Pulled my ish ooout of my head and I had a little bald spot. Cry I didn't think it would grow back and plus it was red and sore. After it healed I started with the Dr. M's and had no problems. I used the other products for a little while but I couldn't take all that menthol all the time. (and ppl around me couldn't either.LOL)
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2008 at 1:48pm
any other takers or tips?
toomanykids View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2008 at 10:10am

Is the castor oil the kind that you can get at walmart? Where do you guys get your castor oil and how much?

Nichelle View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2008 at 2:51pm
Carrot oil and coconut oil is good for edges to and you can use it help lay your edges down and someone mentioned mango butter also.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2008 at 3:30pm
ok anything else is anyone seeing results?
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic