Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Who gets served first?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 19>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 2.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 1:09pm
when I was growing up we usually sat around the table and passed things. If mom was serving from the kitchen she served kids first. I don't ever remember it being a big deal though. When mom was working early or late dad made breakfast and dinners (yummy) . He was a man before his time I guess lol.

Edited by PurplePhase - Aug 26 2014 at 2:00pm
Sponsored Links

bigsexylisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigsexylisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 1:12pm
My mother always served my father first.  She still does to this day.  We eat together as a family so we all technically eat at the same time, after grace is said.  My dad always has his plate first though.  

Edited by bigsexylisa - Aug 26 2014 at 1:18pm
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 1:15pm
hmmmmm from what i can recall...if we were sitting down to eat as a family, the kids plates were sat down first and then the man of the house.  i think the rational was that the man's food would be the hottest this way...

Edited by ThoughtCouture - Aug 26 2014 at 1:15pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

So does anybody do like the movies/tvshows and gather around the table, on some 'can you please pass the peas?" sh*t?

well if  put  that way, no we didn't do that LOL

my bro used to try to be funny and say 'pass the jelly' (anybody remember that OLD commercial? LOL)

Edited by PurplePhase - Aug 26 2014 at 1:25pm
hauteshellbi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote hauteshellbi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 1:49pm
Can someone make a perks of being a woman thread

Because this thread is depressing me...I'm supposed to cook and eat last after a long day of work (where I'm getting paid the least out of everyone because I'm 1) black and 2) a woman

Smh
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 1:52pm
I feel like if I cook I should definitely serve myself /eat first. That way hub knows it's safe to eat lol.

I think this should apply to all cooks. 'no, you first'

eta: by safe I mean good not that I'd be poisoning him

Edited by PurplePhase - Aug 26 2014 at 1:55pm
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 1:54pm
shellbi you should make the thread!LOL
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 1:56pm
2 pages max!
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 1:58pm
women are only here to serve the man...yall aint know? God forbid if she feed herself or the offspring before the ball-bearer
*Belle*Femme* View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote *Belle*Femme* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by OhMyCurlz OhMyCurlz wrote:

Side eye given to those that would fix a grown ass man a plate before their young children. 

My kids will always be priority. Them eating and having enough to eat is more important to me than a grown ass man who can get his grown ass up and fix his own damn plate. 

ETA: I asked my SO and he said "The kids.....but it's supposed to be me. Embarrassed

Welp thats cool and kudos to you. But yes I would fix my husband's first and then fix my kids plate. We will all sit down and eat together and talk about how our day went that day. *who gives a damn what you think shrug*
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 19>
  Share Topic