Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Who else found the start of college/uni tough...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Who else found the start of college/uni tough...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 09 2013 at 12:24pm
Join clubs and go to events.  Im a introvert so I don't mind being alone and I can still enjoy college, but I like to have friends to fall back on as well. But my freshman year was pretty solitary for me socially as well. Once I got involved more, that seemed to change. It's pretty much as easy as being friendly and staying outside your room doing something. I've made friends in clubs, roommates, classes, tutoring, on campus job etc.
Sponsored Links

nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 09 2013 at 12:37pm
not particularly. it was a smooth transition. i like the atmosphere and i loved classes!!

ultimately, it's what you make of it. 

people that live on campus are more at an advantage in the sense that you're always in the know of things going on in the city or on campus. you can meet up with people and form group outings, hang out at clubs/bars and go into the city if you're not wanting to go alone-- usually at a student discount.

i'm more of the type to go out alone and explore the/a city (london included), though. i like knowing how to navigate a city.  
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 09 2013 at 12:49pm

my college was different

after sophomore year (and for some freshman year), a lot of people really didn't live on campus

GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 09 2013 at 12:54pm
My first two semesters were a breeze. I only had 12 hours each semester for the first year.

The hardest part of freshman year was putting a cap on my fun. I went to a party school and had to learn self control rather quickly...
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 09 2013 at 12:56pm
oh wow. i lived on campus for all 4 years. it was pretty packed for the most part. 

i didn't decide on off campus living until grad school. 

at that point, i didn't want roommates and apts were all of a block from school.

i miss my apt  
**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 09 2013 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

No.
It started easy....then got boring as .

This^.

Freshman year was sooo much fun, and it all went downhill from there.
The work difficulty has stayed pretty much the same, imo. 
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 09 2013 at 1:27pm
they say college years are the best years of your life. I don't totally disagree, but I've had some good ones after college too lol.

I agree with those who said join groups and get involved .
AmiliaCabral View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmiliaCabral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 09 2013 at 1:37pm

I didnt like my first year of college but I was 24 when i started and i went to a commuter school (city university)

SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 09 2013 at 1:56pm

if I had to compare high school, college, and grad school

grad school was the best period for me

my income was decent, inexpensive healthcare, my bills were low, slept in frequently and I shopped at least three times a week

Edited by SamoneLenior - Oct 09 2013 at 1:57pm
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 09 2013 at 1:59pm
grad school was all about work. No more all night parties, late night walks to  baskin robbins, college kids protests, games, spades parties, last minute road trips without a map (pre-gps), and so much more. 
fun undergrad times.  

we did more shopping in undergrad. MUCH more.

Edited by PurpleHaze - Oct 09 2013 at 2:00pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style