Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Who attacks a 2 y.o.?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 26>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 9:54pm
Get what Maysay is saying but I understand single mothers still wanting that connection with someone.
Yes their new primary responsibility is to their children but idk man
Sponsored Links

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 9:59pm
my bf's sisters husband died(military) right after the birth of their 3rd child.  it's been 7 yrs(she hasn't been on one date).  i really want her to find love again but she seems totally uninterested.  i wish she would at least get a dog.

Edited by ms_wonderland - Oct 11 2013 at 9:59pm
Krystal Klear View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Krystal Klear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

my bf's sisters husband died(military) right after the birth of their 3rd child.  it's been 7 yrs(she hasn't been on one date).  i really want her to find love again but she seems totally uninterested.  i wish she would at least get a dog.
THAT MADE ME CHUCLELOL
MissinCali View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissinCali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 10:02pm

This is so sad..

maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by GG GG wrote:

But every situation is different...
What about spouses that pass away?
Husbands/wives that leave?
They shouldn't ever have anyone again?

First, most parents are far too negligent about who they allow around their children. That's why so many are physically and/or sexually abused in the first place (or exposed to things they shouldn't be).

Second, if you're a single parent, regardless of how you got that way, your first and only consideration needs to be about taking care of your child and yourself. Allowing strangers, acquaintances, friends w/benefits, boos, boyfriends/girlfriends, and whoever around your child is irresponsible, point blank period.

We only really hear about the situations that end in an extreme way...but we all know many many people who were damaged by their single parent's rotating roster of f*ck buddies/boyfriends/girlfriends/stepparents/etc.
GG View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote GG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

But every situation is different...
What about spouses that pass away?
Husbands/wives that leave?
They shouldn't ever have anyone again?

First, most parents are far too negligent about who they allow around their children. That's why so many are physically and/or sexually abused in the first place (or exposed to things they shouldn't be).

Second, if you're a single parent, regardless of how you got that way, your first and only consideration needs to be about taking care of your child and yourself. Allowing strangers, acquaintances, friends w/benefits, boos, boyfriends/girlfriends, and whoever around your child is irresponsible, point blank period.

We only really hear about the situations that end in an extreme way...but we all know many many people who were damaged by their single parent's rotating roster of f*ck buddies/boyfriends/girlfriends/stepparents/etc.

Well I definitely agree with knowing someone well before you just let them around your kids all willy nilly but it's all case by case basis. These type of situations aren't new and they're not gonna end anytime soon either. People just need to exercise more caution.

Edited by GG - Oct 11 2013 at 10:09pm
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 10:50pm

It's just sad all around. It's hard to date being a single mom and knowing whens the right time. It's definitely sketchy territory letting new people around your kids. He wasn't the one to leave in care of her child and she learned the hard way.

Single parents are on my list of people who have no gotdamn business dating. Should be too doggone busy taking care of yourself and your child and making sure they don't end up in the same situation.

And letting some random person around your child is just dumb as hell. At the very least, you need to require the same scrutiny you'd expect teachers, daycare workers, and other folks to go through.

I always, always put my child first when she was young. I had a date with this one guy and he came to my parents house(had to drop off my daughter there anyways) and he was all in her face saying how cute she is...I never went out again with him after that...it was so creepy..plus she didn;'t like him at all cause he was white..LOLLOL she told me.  When she got older I made time to go out, but i still couldn't get into a relationship cause of my daughter now blossoming into womanhood. Meaning her body was way TOO DEVELOPED FOR A 10 YEAR OLD..
GG View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by DiorShowGirl DiorShowGirl wrote:

It's just sad all around. It's hard to date being a single mom and knowing whens the right time. It's definitely sketchy territory letting new people around your kids. He wasn't the one to leave in care of her child and she learned the hard way.

Single parents are on my list of people who have no gotdamn business dating. Should be too doggone busy taking care of yourself and your child and making sure they don't end up in the same situation.

And letting some random person around your child is just dumb as hell. At the very least, you need to require the same scrutiny you'd expect teachers, daycare workers, and other folks to go through.

I always, always put my child first when she was young. I had a date with this one guy and he came to my parents house(had to drop off my daughter there anyways) and he was all in her face saying how cute she is...I never went out again with him after that...it was so creepy..plus she didn;'t like him at all cause he was white..LOLLOL she told me.  When she got older I made time to go out, but i still couldn't get into a relationship cause of my daughter now blossoming into womanhood. Meaning her body was way TOO DEVELOPED FOR A 10 YEAR OLD..<span ="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre">     </span>

I believe when the time is right you'll know
beebeexx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (15) Thanks(15)   Quote beebeexx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 11:27pm
why is it that it's always the ones who've never been in a situation with the absolute most to say about it?
GG View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote GG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by beebeexx beebeexx wrote:

why is it that it's always the ones who've never been in a situation with the absolute most to say about it?

Life is based on "If it were me I would've done it better..."

Edited by GG - Oct 11 2013 at 11:56pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon