im  too fat, too loud,
too argumentative, too needy,
 and carrying too much excess baggage

lmao ;D
PurrPoZe View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2010 at 1:03am
I can appreciate this. To the responses claimin to be "over it" - its not really over you. Its not so much about black men dating outside of their race, as it is about black women being put down by the majority of all races, including their own.  
Carolina View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2010 at 1:09am
Originally posted by ElectricLady ElectricLady wrote:

It's cool that the letter uplifted black women (as often as it's posted) but the whole bagging on white women doesn't make the issue any better.

There should be no berating of any color, only uplifting. The hell am I going to get mad for if a black man likes a white woman? Seriously, do I own black men? I don't understand how anyone can be angry over this.

Think about it: You're getting mad over men that have made it clear you're not their type when it comes to attraction. Is displaying anger and complaining about the "issue" going to magically make this man attracted to you?

Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather pay attention to a guy who finds me attractive for me.

Couldn't have said better myself. In fact, the letter sounded rather insecure.
Carolina View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2010 at 1:13am

It's cool that the letter uplifted black women (as often as it's posted) but the whole bagging on white women doesn't make the issue any better.

There should be no berating of any color, only uplifting. The hell am I going to get mad for if a black man likes a white woman? Seriously, do I own black men? I don't understand how anyone can be angry over this.

Think about it: You're getting mad over men that have made it clear you're not their type when it comes to attraction. Is displaying anger and complaining about the "issue" going to magically make this man attracted to you?

Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather pay attention to a guy who finds me attractive for me.

Couldn't have said better myself. In fact, the letter sounded rather insecure.
PurrPoZe View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2010 at 1:27am

Errr....I think its more about those black men, discussed in the letter...who have all these ridiculous stereotypes about black women....and (ridiculous) reasons for preferring white women over black women. White women like the disgusting one in the letter...do upset me. Because like the guy said...they do think they have something we don't because they have these ignorant men who feed it to them. I don't know about you but someone talking sh*t about me makes me mad...not mad enough to hate an entire race but mad enough to hate this ignorance. 

Why can't a black man be with a white women without pinning this negativity towards us as black women. And why can't a white women be with a black man without assuming that shes better? Its racism...these men wouldnt date you or me, not because of who we are but because of what we are. Yeah, its a little disrespecting to me. Dosent make me wish they would want me, it makes me wish they would die in a raging fire. All racists of any sort for that matter.
DarkBrown View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2011 at 8:55am
Originally posted by mscaribbeanma mscaribbeanma wrote:

yawn..
so old...

but seriously a great majority of blk men still prefer us so whatw the big deal...so why get all bent out of shape about a small amo9unt a men who explore other options??

Smile
missdeeluxe View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2012 at 10:59pm
sigh.
Talk about using the worst of the worst as an example lol.
That women is a total bitch, I'm sure they're are plenty more like her.

As a white woman, with predominantly black partners throughout the years, I've encountered every kind of response to my relationships.
This ranges from congratulatory hugs and handshakes from people I don't even know (Yay! You conquered racism), gawking as if we're some sort of rare, exotic zoo animal, to people screaming in my face (actually happened).
I've been thanked, damned to hell, and eyeballed all because of who I'm holding hands with.

Seems like other people would rather use MY relationships as crusade towards interracial harmony or vice versa.
A relationship is not a catalyst for political, religious, moral debate.

It's about two people.
Who like each other.
Probably even love.

Sometimes I just wanna scream "Leave me the alone and let me be in love!"
It's not about black women or white women.
People who see the feelings behind it don't care.
People blinded by their own issues don't.

That's just my take on it though.

Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2012 at 1:21pm
lookin at the dates im mad late...i can relate to the white woman cause when i date outside......man i just know what she means...but i like his response, i dig everything he said..

...where are those men in real life that he speaks of. Sleepy

still.LOL.was a good thread. i think i'll pass it on. Clap
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic