Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

White People Mourning Romney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 14>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 13 Votes, Average 4.69  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Lilaca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lilaca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 12:36pm

Oops! Team Romney accidentally releases his VICTORY website... as it is revealed how he graciously admitted defeat and stopped aides sending planes to contest swing state results

By MEGHAN KENEALLY and HUGO GYE

PUBLISHED: 05:01, 8 November 2012 UPDATED: 16:02, 8 November 2012

• Comments (195)
    • < allowtransparency="true" border="0" ="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" scrolling="no" ="0" ="0" width="100%" id="I0_1352399741342" name="I0_1352399741342" ="https://plusone.google.com/_/+1/fast?bsv=m&size=medium&hl=en-GB&origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk&=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Fnews%2Farticle-2229644%2FRomneys-team-accidentally-releases-victory-website--LOST.&jsh=m%3B%2F_%2Fapps-static%2F_%2Fjs%2Fgapi%2F__features__%2Frt%3Dj%2Fver%3Dcep-OxDmw4w.en.%2Fsv%3D1%2Fam%3D!UINAgHOiu5aIzovkDQ%2Fd%3D1%2Frs%3DAItRSTMupEKN02s24AoWDFwCuAdoBO0bmg#_methods=onPlusOne%2C_ready%2C_%2C_%2C_resizeMe%2C_renderstart%2Concircled&id=I0_1352399741342&parent=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk" title="+1" style=": static; top: 0px; width: 90px; margin: 0px; border-style: none; left: 0px; visibility: ; height: 20px; ">
    • < allowtransparency="true" border="0" scrolling="no" ="http://plat.twitter.com/widgets/tweet_.1352365724.#_=1352399752368&count=horizontal&count=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Fnews%2Farticle-2229644%2FRomneys-team-accidentally-releases-victory-website--LOST.&id=twitter-widget-0&lang=en&original_referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Fnews%2Farticle-2229644%2FRomneys-team-accidentally-releases-victory-website--LOST.&size=m&text=Romney's%20team%20accidentally%20releases%20their%20victory%20website...%20after%20he%20LOST&=http%3A%2F%2Fbit.ly%2FT6sWBN&via=MailOnline" ="twitter-share- twitter-count-horizontal" title="Twitter Tweet " -twttr-rendered="true" style="width: 110px; height: 20px; ">

The presidential election was often brutal and bitter, with both candidates' fierce desire to win being clear throughout the campaign.

But when it became clear that the race was over and Barack Obama had won, Mitt Romney accepted his defeat with grace, refusing to allow his staff to contest the results in key swing states.

Republican aides were about to send four planes to oversee recount efforts in Ohio, Florida and Virginia, but the candidate stopped them, saying: 'It's not going to happen.'

But despite his landslide loss, Romney staff accidentally released the victory website which had been set up in anticipation of promoting his role as President-elect.

Scroll down for video

Preemptive: The website was created with the assumption that Mitt Romney had won the White House

Preemptive: The website was created with the assumption that Mitt Romney had won the White House

On his own: Romney sitting on his plane eating his final peanut butter and honey sandwich of the campaign

On his own: Romney sitting on his plane eating his final peanut butter and honey sandwich of the campaign

The final desperate moments of the GOP campaign have been revealed in an account by the New York Times, which described Romney holed up in his Boston hotel room at 11.30 on Tuesday night, minutes after news networks had declared Obama the winner.

Staff in Ohio, Florida and Virginia, three of the biggest swing states, were on the phone insisting that the races there were still too close to call and urging Romney not to concede.

Four aeroplanes were on stand-by ready to dispatch staff to launch legal battles over the tight results, while one of the candidate's closest confidants was about to tell his massed supporters that the race was not yet over.

However, Romney himself declared that it was too late, saying 'It's not going to happen' as his wife Ann cried beside him.

Too soon: Mitt Romney announced that he conceded the race to President Obama and stood on stage with his wife Ann, Paul and Janna Ryan

Too soon: Mitt Romney announced that he conceded the race to President Obama and stood on stage with his wife Ann, Paul and Janna Ryan

While the result in Florida was so close that no winner has yet been declared, Obama ended up winning comfortably by two points in Ohio and three in Virginia.

And even if all three states had gone Republican instead, the President would still have won in the electoral college with 272 votes to Romney's 266.

On Wednesday, Roll Call's Political Wire posted screen grabs of some of the pages from the website that Romney and Paul Ryan would have released had they won the election.

The homepage of the site has a seal of 'The Office of the President Elect' and had a quote on the top signed by President-Elect Mitt Romney. 

'I'm excited about our prospects as a nation. My priority is putting people back to work in America,' the large quote says.

Planning prematurely: One of the pages was dedicated to the would-be inauguration

Planning prematurely: One of the pages was dedicated to the would-be inauguration

No clues: Little was revealed on the leaked site

No clues: Little was revealed on the leaked site

It shows links to information about the would-be inauguration (taking place in Washington, DC on January 21, 2013) and his vision of a 'smaller, simpler, smarter' America.

There are three other pages, titled 'Join the Administration', 'The President-Elect' which goes into further detail about the inauguration, and 'The Nominees' which briefly describes the process of electing a cabinet.

Unfortunately for political junkies, the nominees page cuts off before any actual nominees are identified, so the page does not give any true insight into the way that the Romney-Ryan team would have proceeded with their transition.

Political Wire does not explain how they found the site or how long it was live, only saying that it was taken down quickly. 

Recruiting for the cause: One of the pages was dedicated joining the Romney administration

Recruiting for the cause: One of the pages was dedicated joining the Romney administration

Considering aides likely spent hours poring over transition plans, so the fact that they had a website prepared in case the election went their way. 

Romney himself was very vocal about the fact that he had written only one speech for Tuesday night- a 1,118-word acceptance speech - and he had prepared no alternative. 

The accidental release of the website came just hours after Romney took the stage in Boston to give his concession speech to a crowd of disappointed supporters. 

No website needed: President Obama accepted his re-election in his hometown of Chicago

No website needed: President Obama accepted his re-election in his hometown of Chicago

'Like so many of you, Paul and I have left everything on the field. We have given our all to this campaign,' he said during the speech. 

'We look to Democrats and Republicans in government at all levels to put people before the politics.

'I believe in America. I believe in the people of America... I ran for office because I'm concerned about America. This election is over, but our principles endure.

'I so wish that I had been able to fulfill your hopes to lead the country in a different direction, but the nation chose another leader. And so Ann and I join with you to earnestly pray for him and for this great nation. Thank you, and God bless America. You guys are the best.'

VIDEO: Romney concedes defeat in the election... 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2229644/Romneys-team-accidentally-releases-victory-website--LOST.html#ixzz2Beq0hhoo 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on FacebookDead
Sponsored Links

carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 12:38pm
LOL
miamiu27 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miamiu27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 12:38pm
I am glad Obama won but I wonder what our photos would have looked like if Mitt won. I felt the way honey did Mitt had me shook for a minute, I was alittle scared i thought he had a chance. Think it was the media hyping him up though, I know better than to listen to those folks.
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 12:42pm
Man the whole thing is just so funny, it's sad LOL

Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

LOL
RoxieDream View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoxieDream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 12:47pm
LOL 
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 12:47pm
LMAO at that President Elect website...lol WOW
pinkextra View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote pinkextra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by Qualified Qualified wrote:

As I scrolled through the pics of the white mourners I noticed a lot of Fourty Seven Percenters... who for some reason or another, just didnt realize that they too, were a part of the 47%. These F U C K A S are delusional.

Real talk!! Delusion is a POWERFUL DRUG!

On a somewhat similar note, since we are discussing irony, delusion and emotions.......

I was dragged (no pun intended) into a mini Facebook 'catfight' with this very gay White guy who is extremely pro-Romney!

Whenever I posted anything politically related on "my" personal page, he would somehow feel compelled to sashay his way to my page and express his opposing opinions in dramatic fashion.     

Get this though: One of his MAIN reasons for disliking Obama was because he wasn't a Christian! Am I the only one who senses the "IRONY" X 2?

Long story short, in my polite and tactful response, I mentioned something like:

"Quite frankly, given your own diverse background, I initially assumed you would have embraced or would have at least been more supportive of Obama's ideas for moving this country forward for ALL Americans!"   And I asked him to refrain from posting on my page!

What I really wanted to say was, "Girl, Mitt don't curr about embracing you or your sweetness!"

A few hours later he posted a Facebook apology to all of his friends he may have offended during this emotionally charged political climate! White women folks problems!

Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 2:49pm
tha black guy in the cowboy hat in the 3rd pic thoConfused

smh
mommykat View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mommykat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

man....if these folks are that scared let them go back to their motherlands then.

yeah...i said "go back to Africa"LOL

petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 3:13pm
boy i tell ya. this is chicken soup for my soul.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 14>