Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedWhite people charging £800 for net weave!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
KurlieBeautie View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2012 at 5:31pm
I thought similar thoughts when I was at work and one of the attys said that she pays $400 for a straightening treatment. I just remember thinking, "girl, I can slap a perm on there for that price!" 
Sponsored Links

beana3 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2012 at 5:45pm
@femmemuscle I am completely on track with you. I'm just saying that I've the creativity I've witnessed on youtube, these hair boards, etc from black women is great! we utilize methods, and make them our own. Most of us use net weaves as a general rule, and most of our salons charge $5-$15 more to use a net... but $800 for a net weave and no type of parting or closure piece thrown in?!?!??!!? Thats crazy.

And yes, I know we spend loads of money on hair but most women  who spend top dollar on their hair know to get a good looking sew in. The woman in the OP looks like she just slapped on a wig lol
beana3 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2012 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by zsazsa zsazsa wrote:

I feel sorry for people who have hair loss but don't know the resources open to them, It's really sad.

I agree. Someone very close to me battles with hair loss and I pass along whatever helpful info I can.
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2012 at 5:56pm

I feel sorry for people who have hair loss but don't know the resources open to them, It's really sad.

I agree, zsazsa.  But i think it's even more annoying for those are asked "constantly" "What do you do for your hair? skin, etc."  We waste our time telling folks what they have to do? and when they find out it takes WORK..their eyes glaze over looking for the next "miracle product".

My SO has 2 high-class friends that get on my nerves. But because they are his friends.. anyway - they kept asking me questions: (sarcastic thoughts are in parenthesis)

"what do you do for your hair?"(comb it)
"what do you do for your skin?" (wash it)
"Where do you get that glow?" (regular rough sex)
"How do you stay thin/fit?" (I throw up a lot, it enhances the abdominal muscles)

When i answered their questions (in a civil manner), and they realized it involved work.  They did what EVERY female i've encountered does. Changed the subject

In their case, theychanged the subject - and got another martini.

old hell hags..

Edited by femmemuscleisback - Mar 04 2012 at 5:57pm
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2012 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by beana3 beana3 wrote:

@femmemuscle I am completely on track with you. I'm just saying that I've the creativity I've witnessed on youtube, these hair boards, etc from black women is great! we utilize methods, and make them our own. Most of us use net weaves as a general rule, and most of our salons charge $5-$15 more to use a net... but $800 for a net weave and no type of parting or closure piece thrown in?!?!??!!? Thats crazy.

And yes, I know we spend loads of money on hair but most women  who spend top dollar on their hair know to get a good looking sew in. The woman in the OP looks like she just slapped on a wig lol

Yes. you're right.Smile

and to be honest?  it DOES look like a wig.. LOL  Now, i know i can get a $9.99 wig from Sam Beauty that looks just like that on their "2day sales".. she can give us what's left over..Big smile

alynxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2012 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by femmemuscleisback femmemuscleisback wrote:

I agree, zsazsa.  But i think it's even more annoying for those are asked "constantly" "What do you do for your hair? skin, etc."  We waste our time telling folks what they have to do? and when they find out it takes WORK..their eyes glaze over looking for the next "miracle product".

My SO has 2 high-class friends that get on my nerves. But because they are his friends.. anyway - they kept asking me questions: (sarcastic thoughts are in parenthesis)

"How do you stay thin/fit?" (I throw up a lot, it enhances the abdominal muscles)

When i answered their questions (in a civil manner), and they realized it involved work.  They did what EVERY female i've encountered does. Changed the subject

old hell hags..

LOL
Sorry but the underlined made me laugh so hard!

callmeDEva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2012 at 9:48pm
I wonder if it's the cost of the hair that makes it more expensive.

Caucasian women use European hair, correct? I've only heard how expensive it is. Either way, she could go to a Black salon and shave off at least 3-400
RedPanda79 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2012 at 3:49am
That might be it but that is still a very very high price. This just doesn't feel right. Like she has been ripped off and doesn't know it. I would be hurt if I started to go bald. I have had a love-hate relationship with my hair when I was younger but it was mine. 
Missvw View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2012 at 4:08am
Looks like a wig
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2012 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by femmemuscleisback femmemuscleisback wrote:

old hell hags..

I had to giggle at the regular rough sex comment, LOL  It's very true, some people just don't want to take the effort that it takes to take care of themselves, learn new things, etc.  If only they would try, they could see that the results are very motivating.

It's too bad that this woman couldn't have done more research on how to take care of her hair issues, especially in a more economical manner.  Sooner or later she's going to tire of the expense and seek out another salon that won't charge her an arm and a leg for her net weaves or perhaps teach herself how to choose and apply a nice lace wig.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic