Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

White Jamaicans

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by CLCNY20 CLCNY20 wrote:

Originally posted by Brjasuga51 Brjasuga51 wrote:

I see what CLC has been doing all day...dats y shi nuh post nuh food pic!!!

oh yeah?  go check

Sponsored Links

Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 7:16pm

How do you mean been in foreign for too long?

Like foreigners in America who speak just like Americans
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 10:10pm

Originally posted by MissDarkEyes MissDarkEyes wrote:

Interesting doucumentary on "Germaicans"  Ethnically German but culturally Jamaican.  Sorry, have no idea how to embed.

Interesting that they have that Jamaican accent but I do detect a bit of German accent too.
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

white/Asian/other Jamaican's...hmmm...quick question. Are they acting black?

No. they act like people. They've been here all their lives. I dont even know how to answer. it's not like they are outside the culture looking in, they are part of the culture. I dont look at a white Jamaican as i do a white North American or European.

Indeed Diane. The question...I was being facetious.

lolol sorry didn't catch that one
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 11:35pm
tbh I can't remember the thread but it there was a debate on Justin T acting black because he sings r&B/pop.  Some folks said he's white therefore appropriating period, others said he was raised in Tennessee home of r&b/blues etc so he truly has been influenced by his surroundings.  The tone was suggesting that he was 'acting black' because his lyrics involved broken english and slang.
Missvw View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Missvw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 4:52am

I had...

no idea...

how ignorant I was towards anyone w/o brown skin speaking this way...

I have learned something very important about myself today...

Sounds like his putting it on 

Edited by Missvw - Jul 10 2014 at 4:54am
Miss B View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Miss B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 9:32am
White West Indians fascinate me.

But in MY opinion/experience, the thicker accent like the one in the OP is "put on" a little. I don't doubt he spent some time there but I DO doubt that that's how he spoke on a regular basis. He looked how black Americans with some upward mobility act when they're trying to seem down.

In Barbados they sequester themselves in little white enclaves and generally don't have the Bajan accent but every now and again you come across one and its like Shocked say something else....

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by Missvw Missvw wrote:

I had...

no idea...

how ignorant I was towards anyone w/o brown skin speaking this way...

I have learned something very important about myself today...

Sounds like his putting it on 

Nope that's perfectly fine and YG agreed as well. he sounds like most yardies i know.

How do y'all skip the first video posted with the dad and say this accent sounds off? Confusedlolol
CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 12:15pm
I'm not gonna lie, I wonder that too--the father sounds more forced, this dude?  if I close my eyes, I can imagine someone from my stepfather's side sharing a tale about getting they ass whooped LOL
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 12:28pm

I'm not gonna lie, I wonder that too--the father sounds more forced, this dude?  if I close my eyes, I can imagine someone from my stepfather's side sharing a tale about getting they ass whooped LOL

Exactly, i closed my eyes and didn't even need more than 5 seconds. I just watched his video it's funny. I never get beating though, my mom didn;t do that oh no she slapped me once, i still have her up lolol. I got beating from my principal (for doing what kids do i wasnt being rudeCry) once in my life and she didn't beat the other kids. Wench! Shes dead now.

I think the trailer demonstrates the other side of the spectrum- Standard Jamaican English with a few patois words thrown in, variations on the accent as well. But no video has full patois. Those Germans/red naygas can chip it though. When they speak it's like huh?!Confused
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
  Share Topic