Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

White Jamaicans

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
hauteshellbi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote hauteshellbi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 10:29am
I love that Jamaicans all have the same accent no matter what race...except for the rich, flight attendants, and the news people lmao

I miss Jamaica smh
Sponsored Links

hauteshellbi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hauteshellbi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 10:31am
Originally posted by CLCNY20 CLCNY20 wrote:

How do you mean been in foreign for too long?

To me he sounds like he's been in the us for a while and he's losing his accent...I only watched for a few seconds though
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 10:49am
Originally posted by hauteshellbi hauteshellbi wrote:

The op is legit, the guy in the car sounds like he's been in foreign for a little too long

naaaaahhhh the OP is trying to speak in patois, it isn't his go-to langugage, he sound like the English taxi lady's car i took that lived in Jamaica for about 15 years but was originally from England. The guy in the car is on point. But both are legit.

The German gentleman and the 2 Chinese are speaking Standard Jamaican English, if im remembering properly.

Oh yes CLC, REPOSTLOL the first videoTongue
Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 10:50am
Out of many one people...that's our motto.
Jamaica is a melting pot...Chinese..indian...white...
Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 10:52am
yes we all speak patois...but I realized while growing up the people in Kingston accent is different than the people in Trelawny...St Mary...St Elizabeth and other parishes

Edited by Brjasuga51 - Jul 09 2014 at 10:56am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 11:23am
Originally posted by hauteshellbi hauteshellbi wrote:

I love that Jamaicans all have the same accent no matter what race...except for the rich, flight attendants, and the news people lmao

I miss Jamaica smh

Naah its not homogenours, even the words used like St. elizabethians (lol) use the pronoun) him, im for her and him. Kingstonians like Brja said have a distinct kingstonian drawwwwlllllllll. Im talking true kingstonians not those of us who live in st.andrew. 

So there are regional accents as well and i find the folks in the south coast speak so fast an "chip the patois" so hard it's hard to decipher.
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 11:45am
Out of topic, but to the Jamaicans on the board, is it cheaper to live in Jamaica than in the US? I am talking about the really nice neighborhoods.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 12:02pm
what you mean to buy a house? or rent? or the prices of goods and services?

Yes God Yes. Rent in a nice neighbourhood on the flat in kingston can be $350-800. Up in the hills now things get into the $1200 range. I've seen real estate listing for $150,000,000-200, 000, 000 JMD or 1,500,000,000- 2,000,000 USD in the hills and it just blew my mind. 200,000 USd and get you a never remodeled family home on 1/4-1/3 acre of land with fruit trees 5 bdroom 4 or 3 bath in my neighbourhood. I have seen 400, 000 listing in my neighbourhood. rolls eyes

Let's see good and services are the same price range except in the resort towns. but open air markets are cheaper than supermarkets. the most I;d consider paying for a weave in 2014 is $50 USD, the most ive ever spent was $35 yearrrsssss ago when i wore weave but there were girls doing $10 weaves.

bigsexylisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bigsexylisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 12:19pm
I have a coworker that is half Black and half Asian--but was raised in Jamaica.  The look on a person's face when she open's her mouth is priceless.

Edited by bigsexylisa - Jul 09 2014 at 12:19pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by bigsexylisa bigsexylisa wrote:

I have a coworker that is half Black and half Asian--but was raised in Jamaica.  The look on a person's face when she open's her mouth is priceless.

Lisa long time no see.Smile

Uhmm some of these raised in the back of the wholesale chinese speak some hardcore patois, i remember teasing a friend of mine mercilessly.

My cousin (black chiney) says he has a hard time getting folks to believe he's Jamaican esp since he doesn't speak patois, he says they come up to him and speak spanish all the time. #SeanPaulproblems
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic