Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Hair Growth Archives > Hair Growth Archives 2008
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWhite Iodine to regrow hair?(lonnnnng)

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
guyanesesista View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: White Iodine to regrow hair?(lonnnnng)
    Posted: Aug 02 2008 at 3:10pm
So I was reading this book called Grow hair Fast by a famous trichologist which is really good book. It's now a staple in my haircare. I'm so glad I bought it. Anyway, I was reading all these hair recipes she had in there including one about a daytime growth stimulator that was one teaspoon white iodine and one teaspoon castor oil or something like that. Basically equal parts(too lazy to go get the book). I did some googling about white iodine and found that people have been using this for hair regrowth and it seems to have been around for a while. Apparently since iodine is drying the castor oil was added to counteract that. White iodine stimulates growth somehow.

Here is the link to book.

Here are the links to my searches.
The Wonderful Oil Massage - Castor oil is excellent for hair re-growth. If combined with white iodine which is available at the chemist shop, it can produce the desired results. Part your hair in small sections and apply the oil to the scalp with cotton Massage it in with your finger tips. If you are able to get white iodine solution, use it similarly on every alternate day.

I didn't find much on it but maybe ya'll can find more. Just thought this might be interesting in my quest to regrow my hair and maybe help someone else.

I'm also going to be receiving my OCT on Monday and I was wondering if I should use it with white iodine or not. OCT has lots of protein which is also drying so idk.  And instead of castor oil I'm thinking of using emu oil to help with penetration of OCT.

Wow my fingers are tired. Now it's ya'lls turn.Smile

Edited by guyanesesista - Aug 02 2008 at 3:10pm
Sponsored Links

Claudie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2008 at 3:48pm
Please be careful with white iodine, it can be toxic.  I would not use Emu Oil with white iodine.  Some people are allergic to iodine, do a patch test first.  If you decide to use it, use it in a very small amount.  IMO, 1 tsp iodine to 1 tsp of carrier oil is very potent. 

Edited by Claudie - Aug 02 2008 at 3:50pm

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2008 at 5:01pm
Thanks Claudie. I was just thinking that I might not want to use the iodine with the emu oil. That oil penetrates deep. I might just use the OCT and emu oil. Besides, I can't even find enough research on the use of white iodine for regrowth. And thanks for the alergy alert. You always come thru in these chemical moments thanks again.

Edited by guyanesesista - Aug 02 2008 at 5:01pm
Claudie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2008 at 5:21pm
Yes, it sure does.  I will pm you later, but I have been busy today and will be busy until later.  Yes, you can add Emu Oil to the OCT, I will also tell you something else that is good to add Wink.  You will find that your hair will not shed, and the protein moisture balance will be good.  You are welcome, you know you can always pm or send me an e-mail if you have any questions..  I would rather you not touch white iodine, I would not even fool with it.

Edited by Claudie - Aug 02 2008 at 5:24pm

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2008 at 9:43pm
Thanks Claudie. Looking forward to the message. You're such a sweetie.Hug
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training