Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

White girl: Why I chose to attend a HBCU

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
gabi03 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (12) Thanks(12)   Quote gabi03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2013 at 6:37pm
Whatever. Does she want a cookie or some sh*t?

She keeps talking about what shes learned but she will never know what it is like to be a "minority" so she can stfu. She walks off that campus and becomes part of the majority in this country and can fall right back into her position of privilege that her skin color affords her. 
Sponsored Links

Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2013 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by gabi03 gabi03 wrote:

She keeps talking about what shes learned but she will never know what it is like to be a "minority" so she can stfu. She walks off that campus and becomes part of the majority in this country and can fall right back into her position of privilege that her skin color affords her. 
This
standing ovation
gabi03 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote gabi03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2013 at 6:41pm
And i wish Howard would have offered me some damn money to play a sport or i might have went....giving money to damn yt folks to come to a school built for us cause they wouldn't let us in...man....let me exit LOL
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2013 at 6:56pm

And i wish Howard would have offered me some damn money to play a sport or i might have went....giving money to damn yt folks to come to a school built for us cause they wouldn't let us in...man....let me exit LOL

this is  something to discuss

Edited by PurpleHaze - May 21 2013 at 6:57pm
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2013 at 7:09pm

This is EXACTLY what I wanted to say.

Besides, she is not a pioneer by any stretch.  What about that white guy who was class valedictorian?  Didn't he graduate from Howard?  It just seems to me that since she is now considered a "minority" (laughing profusely--more like a novelty), she feels she has something special to write about.

I just hope that she doesn't turn into one of those obnoxious white people who say, "I know EXACTLY what you are going through!  I've been there, sister!"
babycakebabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycakebabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2013 at 7:13pm
exactly. hampton had a white homecoming queen @ 2 yrs ago. white girls at hbcus in sororities. nothing new.
MissCapricorn View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCapricorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2013 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by PurpleHaze PurpleHaze wrote:

I've heard that 13th grade  about Howard from people who lived /went to high school in DC area. They said it was like the 13th grade because so many people you went to high school with you'd be seeing them the next fall at How. So it was like a continuation of high school. A friend told me she didn't want to go there for that reason (she came to NC). She said it's like the 13th grade, same faces. I wanted a change.

Exactly! I could have went for free because my dad worked there, but I wanted to go away. It's especially like 13th grade when 12th grade is across the street.

But Howard has always been in Top 5 (maybe 10) of HBCUs after Spelman, Morehouse, Hampton U, and maybe FAMU.

There were whites at both Howard and Hampton, so whoopty do!

*Didn't read beyond pg. 4*
aNgElIc*SoUl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote aNgElIc*SoUl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2013 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by PurpleHaze PurpleHaze wrote:

I've heard that 13th grade  about Howard from people who lived /went to high school in DC area. They said it was like the 13th grade because so many people you went to high school with you'd be seeing them the next fall at How. So it was like a continuation of high school. A friend told me she didn't want to go there for that reason (she came to NC). She said it's like the 13th grade, same faces. I wanted a change.

I'm from Louisiana, and this is exactly how I felt about Grambling and Southern, not really Xavier but it was too many familiar faces for me. Every negro at the majority of all the surrounding area highschools and beyond was going there. I just couldn't do it.
CamiK View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CamiK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2013 at 7:55pm

But they don't here ya though...
Spokenword View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spokenword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2013 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by EasterBell EasterBell wrote:

She writing this like she conquering an impossible feat.. She ain't the first and definitely won't be the last.. Kudos to her getting her education, but meh on this.. Not impressed..

yep.

Edited by Spokenword - May 21 2013 at 8:46pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair