Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

White female officer cuts off woman weave .

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: White female officer cuts off woman weave .
    Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 6:00pm

Suburban Detroit Cop cuts off restrained woman's weave

by SteveningenFollow

Cut on Camera: Warren cop slices off young mother's hair weave ...

warrenPDvid_1391121754459.jpg

Charda Gregory can be seein sitting in a restraining chair while her hair weve is cut off.
(Photo courtesy: WXYZ.com)
Copyright 2014 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

An astonishingly ugly video out of Warren, Michigan was posted by 7 Action News today. The video shows a woman named Charda Gregory being roughly shoved onto a bench by a police officer identified as Bernadette Najo. An Emergency Restraint Chair is then wheeled out and and Gregory is thrown into the chair by three officers. Even as Gregory is being restrained, Officer Najo is seen behind her hacking off her hair weave with scissors while Gregory thrashes and struggles against what is happening to her.

<“I was confused.  I didn’t know what happened and what was going on,” said Gregory.

Warren police officials say they do ask prisoners to remove clipped-in long hair extensions, so they can’t be used as a weapon or to commit suicide.  But a weave is different, and Police Commissioner Jere Green says what Officer Bernadette Najor did was not a proper use of force. Ms Gregory was a victim of the date rape drug at a on campus party . She was found in a state of shock . Police refuse to release the reason for her arrest .

“There’s a real simple thing:  it’s called right and wrong.  And to me this is something that I won’t tolerate, I don’t think the citizens of Warren will tolerate it,” said Green.

I'm heartened to hear that Police Commissioner Green is taking the matter seriously. This is something not just the citizens of Warren should not tolerate, it is something society as a whole should not tolerate. I can think of no reason to do this to someone other than to punitively humiliate them. It is one thing to restrain a combative person in custody. It is quite another to arbitrarily decide that their hair extensions offend you enough to slice them off.

Warren, Michigan, with a population of roughly 135,000 people is the largest suburb in the Metro Detroit area. The demographics show that whites making up nearly 80% of the population while the black population hovers around 13%. I will leave it to readers to decide for themselves whether race played a role in this abuse. As for me, I have a very difficult time imagining this same officer taking her scissors to a head full of blonde hair.

Edited by india100 - 25 minutes ago at 5:55pm

Edited by india100 - Jan 30 2014 at 6:23pm
Sponsored Links

*SUCCMIDRY* View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote *SUCCMIDRY* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 6:04pm
I say we march
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 6:05pm
I made a topic in TTT .  I know some weave ladies only post here . Please check out the full story and video in TTT . I am so angry .
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by *SUCCMIDRY* *SUCCMIDRY* wrote:

I say we march
I agree .
iyawo814 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iyawo814 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 6:09pm
I never cease to be amazed with the things people do...stupidity is a  Censored
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 6:15pm
I think the police are going to have a riot tonight . The so call officer history and the warren police have a history of false arrest against our people . I can't imagine how mch pain that young lady experience .

Edited by india100 - Jan 30 2014 at 6:16pm
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 6:49pm
The media is on top of the story . More info .

Last Updated: 35 minutes ago

WARREN, Mich. (WXYZ) - Cut on Camera: a local cop – yanking a young mother’s head back and hacking off her hair.

7 Action News Investigator Heather Catallo has the exclusive story behind an incident inside the Warren jail that was caught on video.

At many jails, prisoners are required to remove hair extensions that clip in because they could be used as a weapon or to commit suicide.

But Charda Gregory didn’t have clip in extensions.  She had a weave that was sewn right into her real hair.

Charda Gregory is a young mother who loves her hair.  And this 22 year old hair dresser loves changing her style often by using weaves.

But Gregory’s hair changed dramatically after an encounter with a Warren Police Officer. 

Even though there’s no audio on the video from inside the Warren Jail, you can see Gregory kick her legs and writhe in pain as the officer plunges scissors into her hair, hacking away at the weave that was sewn into braids on her scalp.

So how did this all begin?

“I was confused.  I didn’t know what happened and what was going on,” said Gregory.

Gregory says on November 13, she went to a party in Detroit, where she believes

someone drugged her.

Paul Misukewicz is her lawyer:

“She had a couple of drinks, then woke up in a strange place.  Didn’t know how she got there, completely disoriented, said Paul Misukewicz, Gregory’s lawyer.

That strange place was the Suez Motel on 8 Mile in Warren, where Gregory got arrested for trashing a room.

By the time she was brought in to the jail lock-up on the top floor of the Warren Police Department, Gregory had been pepper sprayed, but she appears calm.  

It’s clear in the video that Gregory can barely stand as she comes face to face with Officer Bernadette Najor.  

“She took it upon herself to get the scissors.  And for whatever reason, decided that she was going to butcher my client,” said Misukewicz.

As Officer Najor pats Gregory down, the officer pushes Gregory against the wall twice.

Suddenly Najor starts going for Gregory’s hair.  The officers struggle with Gregory, dragging her over to a restraining chair to tie down her arms and legs.

Officer Najor starts yanking Gregory’s head from side to side, chopping out chunks of hair.  It takes 3 full minutes before Najor gives one final yank and removes what’s left of Gregory’s weave.

Gregory tells us in some places she now has bald spots because Najor ripped her rea

StylingArabella View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote StylingArabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

The media is on top of the story . More info .

Last Updated: 35 minutes ago

WARREN, Mich. (WXYZ) - Cut on Camera: a local cop – yanking a young mother’s head back and hacking off her hair.

7 Action News Investigator Heather Catallo has the exclusive story behind an incident inside the Warren jail that was caught on video.

At many jails, prisoners are required to remove hair extensions that clip in because they could be used as a weapon or to commit suicide.

But Charda Gregory didn’t have clip in extensions.  She had a weave that was sewn right into her real hair.

Charda Gregory is a young mother who loves her hair.  And this 22 year old hair dresser loves changing her style often by using weaves.

But Gregory’s hair changed dramatically after an encounter with a Warren Police Officer. 

Even though there’s no audio on the video from inside the Warren Jail, you can see Gregory kick her legs and writhe in pain as the officer plunges scissors into her hair, hacking away at the weave that was sewn into braids on her scalp.

So how did this all begin?

I was confused.  I didn’t know what happened and what was going on,” said Gregory.

Gregory says on November 13, she went to a party in Detroit, where she believes

someone drugged her.

Paul Misukewicz is her lawyer:

She had a couple of drinks, then woke up in a strange place.  Didn’t know how she got there, completely disoriented, said Paul Misukewicz, Gregory’s lawyer.

That strange place was the Suez Motel on 8 Mile in Warren, where Gregory got arrested for trashing a room.

By the time she was brought in to the jail lock-up on the top floor of the Warren Police Department, Gregory had been pepper sprayed, but she appears calm.  

It’s clear in the video that Gregory can barely stand as she comes face to face with Officer Bernadette Najor.  

“She took it upon herself to get the scissors.  And for whatever reason, decided that she was going to butcher my client,” said Misukewicz.

As Officer Najor pats Gregory down, the officer pushes Gregory against the wall twice.

Suddenly Najor starts going for Gregory’s hair.  The officers struggle with Gregory, dragging her over to a restraining chair to tie down her arms and legs.

Officer Najor starts yanking Gregory’s head from side to side, chopping out chunks of hair.  It takes 3 full minutes before Najor gives one final yank and removes what’s left of Gregory’s weave.

Gregory tells us in some places she now has bald spots because Najor ripped her real hair

My godness Shocked!
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 8:11pm
I know right. ^^^ Ruin my day .
ashiasweet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashiasweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 8:15pm
This is crazy!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>