FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Whirlwind relationships

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
used2braid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote used2braid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

Originally posted by Flowing-Ice Flowing-Ice wrote:

why not build something where you are now?
why are you continually going 4 hrs from your home? 

like... i don't get it. 

I do agree with her (him?!).  Long distance relationships just takes too much time and you have to really trust the person. You'll miss a lot of Sunday's dinner at his folk's house.....

Here's the real situation:

Me: Permanent full-time gov work in O-town.
Him: Permanent Full-time gov in O-town

I got transferred for 1 year (with possible extension) to another gov department in TO.

He and I met the night before I moved. It was just a simple date, I thought he was trying to hit it and quit it.

But no, he and I kept in touch while I'm Toronto. He's been asking me about my new job /helping me out with the new info and since we work for the same department, we talk all the time on our company chat. When I had an interview for a higher position back in my hometown in Otown, we went on a second date.

From then on, I've been coming back home back and forth for the holidays/long weekends and we've just been seeing/talking to each the whole time.

He's been now asking me what my intentions are in order to see what I want to do when my 1 year position is over to see where we'd be at then...

So that's what going on....
Sponsored Links

khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 12:08am
I wouldn't call what you two have going on a "whirlwind" relationship because with the distance you guys have the chance to really talk and strengthen that mental connection. It is good you go to visit him on the holidays and weekends, but you should allow him to make the same effort...let him come to visit you as well. Other than that..sounds like you are off to a great start. Good luck! 
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 12:12am
it doesn't seem that crazy since he's in your old hometown
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 12:47am
time will prove ... don't worry

before it happened to me, I wouldn't warned anyone to keep their side eyed peeled

but yes it can work out
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 1:59am
All of my relationships are like this. I stay bringin all the feelins to the yard.
Becky View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Becky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 3:36am
Every fast relationship I have ever experienced has failed ... terribly. Confused

I always take my time .. avoids dissapointment. Honestly, I don't go for this kind of TVland stuff - it's not realistic and things can go south real fast so I don't blame your parents from worrying. However.. telling someone your age something like this will just make you want it more - right?

Geesh ... when was I that young? (My poor mother) Ermm

So have your fun, but ... (use protection so you don't get knocked up or pick up an STDs ... and don't rush to get married anytime soon.) In other words .. have your fun but don't do anything that you can't UNDO in a heartbeat. Give it timmmme.

I just don't believe in this kind of thing so I kind of cring when I hear these stories.

It's just too bad that youth is so wasted .. on the young.Confused
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 10:23am
I've experienced it.  We've been together nearly 2 decades now.  gl
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 10:25am
Originally posted by HowardAlumAKA HowardAlumAKA wrote:

One of my LS is meeting a guy in person TONIGHT she met online last night....they've been talking on the phone and texting since last night and she said the connection is there

Am I the only one who is scared? How long should someone wait when online dating before meeting that person? days? Weeks? Months?

Catfish has opened my eyes
Originally posted by HowardAlumAKA HowardAlumAKA wrote:

She met him and said everything panned out fine!!! He was exactly what she thought he would be and they are going out on another date tomorrow.

ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 10:35am
Hubby and I went way too fast.  He said I love you after 3 weeks, asked me to marry him at 2 months.  Got a place together at 7 months.  Married at 17 months.  Ten years later here we are.  Tons of pros and cons like anything else but I'm happy.  Like someone said different strokes for different folks.
tbaby123 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbaby123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 10:52am
Omg I'm in one I feel! It hasn't even been a year and like we are obsessed with each other and he has already stated that he wants things to move along in the future
He is older though (less than 30) so it makes sense for him but I'm only 23!! Can't be getting all sprung before I have my own career ya know??
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic