Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Which US major cities you would never live in?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 13>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Soulful Beauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Soulful Beauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2014 at 8:59pm
I know y'all said cities, but I have to say Florida and Mississippi.
Sponsored Links

aNgElIc*SoUl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aNgElIc*SoUl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2014 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

@angelic 
unfortunately im southern too...i hate the south though..LOLwith a passion

its too hot/and if its not hot the weather is very unstable
people here are very rigid, unfriendly..and uninspiring..
boring/not enough art culture 
lack of good beaches/water is important to me lol

there are tons of good people in l.a....i met tonnnssss of awesome people while out there
im not saying posers dont exist but there are a lot of interesting people out there too...

I live in Phoenix, I could never say the South gets this hot. I prefer the humidity, dry heat is for the birds. I've lived in New Orleans so I've seen plenty of art and culture. I love Southern people, I've met some friendly people here in Az, but most of them act like they're scared of black people....unless they are coons or rich(athletes mostly). But yeah, Cali does have better beaches
aNgElIc*SoUl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aNgElIc*SoUl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2014 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Originally posted by aNgElIc*SoUl aNgElIc*SoUl wrote:

I already knew Mississippi would be on top. Going to Mcdonald's with $4 still means something there
LOL

It really does, I was there earlier this year and went to Mickey D's, my meal didn't even total $3.50, when I go here in Az I just go ahead and pull out a $10 bill and expect to get less than half of it back.
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2014 at 9:12pm
probably just la
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2014 at 9:14pm
$10?! Oh no angellic.Cry

I did my shopping for school there (Shout out to Northpark Mall!) and cleaned up.

MS & SC gas prices...Heart
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2014 at 9:18pm

california trumps all other states combined...
Thumbs Up 

i wanna go back one day.
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2014 at 9:19pm

Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

I already knew Mississippi would be on top. Going to Mcdonald's with $4 still means something there
LOL

It really does, I was there earlier this year and went to Mickey D's, my meal didn't even total $3.50, when I go here in Az I just go ahead and pull out a $10 bill and expect to get less than half of it back.

Sometimes I forget that things are expensive here.

I took an out of towner to get a pedicure and she asked me how much it would be and I said 28$ and her jaw dropped. Apparently she could get a full set and pedicure w/some designs for that. She about died when I said designs start at 5$ extra.
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2014 at 9:21pm
arizona is cool...i see why you like it...might be the only southern state im a fan of..
even though its extttttremely hot...mercy...

i dont like 80% percent of the southern people i run into
i liked 80% percent of the people out in californiaLOL

i noticed one thing...true southern people and true californians generally do not mix...there are two different attitudes/mindsets...cali is more liberal..south is too conservative...

i know someone who moved from cali to out here...and she hates it also...we get each other...

i like being around smiling people...almost everybody out there smiled at me back if i passed by them and smiled or spoke...

out here..sweet mercy...i smile at people out here and its a 50/50 chance most of the time they either frown or roll their eyes...

like bsh is your life that miserable to where it would kill you to smile/speak back...
i dont like that..

ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2014 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by Lady ICE Lady ICE wrote:

california trumps all other states combined...
Thumbs Up 

i wanna go back one day.

Heart
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2014 at 9:23pm

And why does Cali trump all other states? The majority of folks there are straight up posers in the worst way lol

Because california has a piece of every type of place in one. You have the ocean, lakes, mountains, parks, winter resorts and skiing, hollywood, great schools, diversity, the country, the city. It's everything!

Edited by ms_wonderland - Aug 24 2014 at 9:24pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 13>
  Share Topic