Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Wheres Obamas tears for THESE kids?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 10 Votes, Average 2.60  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Of course, it hits closer to home when it's close to you. But children remain children, whether they are in the U.S, in Kenya (you know, where is dad is from?), in Yemen or in the North Pole. That's why I just can't get behind politicians' tears. I just don't trust it. How you gonna have a kill list that you replenish EVERY SINGLE WEEK knowing that these drones are bound to hit innocent civilians and that they are NOT as precise and "surgical" as you make it out to be and then try to convince that you give a shyt about kids in general? I understand he has a difficult job and has to make hard choices but a politician is a politician is a politician

You act like he built the drones with his bare hands.
Honestly speaking, nobody cares.

This is why nobody likes the US. 

This is why people can't stand us! Not because they're jealous. But because most of yall are hella insensitive and ignorant about the rest of the world.

Sponsored Links

stardaqueenb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stardaqueenb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by BrownQtee BrownQtee wrote:

When you have representatives such as Michelle Bachmann being reelected, there is definitely a big problem. I do think blacks need to get more involved in their local political races.
I am originally from MN so I had to go in on folks via FB for this f#ckery. I found so many black folks at my poling station talking about they are only voting top line for Obama. I had to actually explain to grown people why they needed to vote for the local races like I was damn civics teacher. I don't even live in the hood either so I can only imagine how few people give a f#ck in the real inner city.

For what it is worth I see both sides of this argument.
JasonWllms55 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JasonWllms55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 10:26pm
i didnt read the thread, but since the whole shooting happened ive really felt there was a racial undertone in the media's response and Obama's.  i really dont feel like the response would have been the same had it been a black shooter or black victims. thats just me though.

JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by femmemichelle femmemichelle wrote:

Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Of course, it hits closer to home when it's close to you. But children remain children, whether they are in the U.S, in Kenya (you know, where is dad is from?), in Yemen or in the North Pole. That's why I just can't get behind politicians' tears. I just don't trust it. How you gonna have a kill list that you replenish EVERY SINGLE WEEK knowing that these drones are bound to hit innocent civilians and that they are NOT as precise and "surgical" as you make it out to be and then try to convince that you give a shyt about kids in general? I understand he has a difficult job and has to make hard choices but a politician is a politician is a politician

You act like he built the drones with his bare hands.
Honestly speaking, nobody cares.

This is why nobody likes the US. 

This is why people can't stand us! Not because they're jealous. But because most of yall are hella insensitive and ignorant about the rest of the world.

Yup. And frankly, sometimes people outside the U.S. know more about U.S policies than americans themselves. I've seen brilliant documentaries and pieces of investigative journalism (both during the Bush era and the Obama era) that NEVER MADE IT ON AMERICAN AIRWAVES and never will. Hell, when Obama was elected, I shouted and screamed and beamed with pride like everyone else. And then I learned a few things and realized that he's not nearly as progressive as he appears to be on some topics. Frankly, I don't even know why republicans dislike him so much (aside from the obvious colour of his skin) because they ain't joking when they say that he is a centrist. There are things happening under his administration that even that cursed Bush did not touch
keepgrowing View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keepgrowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 10:53pm

Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

He sends his kids to school everyday knowing that out there, there are people that wish him harm

I could see this hitting home for him

So for people that feel his tears were empty ... this didn't affect you at all?  Not a tear, not a tinge?

Of course, I was affected by this tragedy. Those were 5-7 year old kids. But folks don't want to admit that politicians will display certain emotions for political capital, and that can include Obama himself. There was a really interesting documentary on this a few years back, where expert analysts of human behaviour/body language were analyzing televised responses by various politicians from different countries (there was one with Tony Blair that was just hilarious). I saw it and I think that some of the emotion he displayed was feigned. Not that I'm saying he wasn't touched by what happened, if he's human, he probably was. But politicians choreograph their responses all the time and that's what it looked like TO ME.

Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

He sends his kids to school everyday knowing that out there, there are people that wish him harm

I could see this hitting home for him

So for people that feel his tears were empty ... this didn't affect you at all?  Not a tear, not a tinge?

Of course, I was affected by this tragedy. Those were 5-7 year old kids. But folks don't want to admit that politicians will display certain emotions for political capital, and that can include Obama himself. There was a really interesting documentary on this a few years back, where expert analysts of human behaviour/body language were analyzing televised responses by various politicians from different countries (there was one with Tony Blair that was just hilarious). I saw it and I think that some of the emotion he displayed was feigned. Not that I'm saying he wasn't touched by what happened, if he's human, he probably was. But politicians choreograph their responses all the time and that's what it looked like TO ME.

As much as I hate to defend politicians, from my recent experiences in my school (where we are being coached on how to physically display affection even though we are very compassionate to people's ailments) and it is more difficult than it looks. How a person might feel inwardly might not always align to what is being displayed outwardly. Politicians are scrutinized down to every pore. And the old saying "actions speaks louder than words" rings especially true in their case. So it is necessary at times to be coached so that these two states can be reconciled. So I don't know why it is so baffling to think that they will need choreographing. This world is superficial. 

In Obama's case, you can obviously tell he was distressed by what happened. The US president crying contradicts the intimidating, stoic, (yet relatable ONLY to his fellow americans), figure that this nation wants to display their president as being to other countries. Him crying goes against everything that he is encouraged to display.
keepgrowing View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keepgrowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by JasonWllms55 JasonWllms55 wrote:

i didnt read the thread, but since the whole shooting happened ive really felt there was a racial undertone in the media's response and Obama's.  i really dont feel like the response would have been the same had it been a black shooter or black victims. thats just me though.

I agree. I felt like this since the batman movie massacre and Lilica's siggy explains my feelings perfectly. 
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 11:40pm
the republicans are probably all over him for crying

Im almost afraid to say that because Id hate to see the commentary posted
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2012 at 2:36am
imagine what mm could do with a solid a education

SweetNovember* View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2012 at 4:50am
This was my first thought. How he wanna get up there and pretend he crying when his actions or inactions have indirectly led to the deaths and maiming of hundreds of other children? I can't stand hypocrisy. And this is coming from someone who likes Obama.
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2012 at 5:16am
I don't think Obama's feelings would have been any different if they were black children....he has black children.
White folks probably wouldn't care as much though....they'd use it as another reason to be racist.
I'm going to be real honest right now.
That recent shooting didn't move me all that much.....but it would have if the children were mostly black.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617>
  Share Topic