Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Where Will BHM Dudes Take Their Dates Now?!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where Will BHM Dudes Take Their Dates Now?!!!
    Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 7:05pm
In a move sure to set the culinary world and classy guys everywhere reeling, Darden has announced that it will either sell or spin off its Red Lobster restaurants.

Adding to the devastation, the company, which also runs Olive Garden and other fine-dining establishments, said it will suspend the opening of new Olive Garden locations and slow down new locations for LongHorn Steakhouses.

Why, you ask? Dear God, why??

Because Darden isn't doing so good. It seems that consumers are turning their noses up at hoity-toity sit-down places like Red Lobster and Olive Garden these days in favor of cheaper chains like Chipotle.

See also: 10 Best Seafood Tacos in Los Angeles

Darden is one of the largest companies in the casual dining industry, with a market value of $6.7 billion, but its core chains have had stagnant growth, according to The New York Times. Last quarter the company experienced a 31 percent drop in net earnings. "The reduced unit growth will lower capital spending by at least $100 million annually," the company said in a statement.

Red Lobster has 705 restaurants in the United States and Canada and had annual sales of $2.6 billion in 2013, but we guess that wasn't enough for ol' Scrooge Darden.

See also: 10 Best Fish & Chips in Los Angeles

Where are we going to go for lobster, scallops and shrimps drowned in garlic butter over rice pilaf for $25.99 now? Or Parrot Isle Jumbo Coconut Shrimp for $9.79? Or New England clam chowder in a toasted sourdough bowl and a shrimp salad for $9.99? Where else can you go to add a whole Maine lobster tail to any meal for $15.29? No longer Monrovia, La Puente or Inglewood, sadly.

There is one small silver lining: The planned Red Lobster spinoff still awaits final approval from the company's board, so it probably won't happen until early fiscal 2015. That will give us plenty of time to imagine what the spinoff will look like (lobster burrito bowl, anyone? cheesy calamari nachos?) while we desperately search for a new fancy date place.

See also: 12 Best Ways to Celebrate L.A.'s Seafood Renaissance

Editor's note: The title of this piece has been changed since its initial publication to reflect greater accuracy.

http://blogs.laweekly.com/squidink/2013/12/red_lobster_restaurants_to_clo.php

eta: my friend went today for the first time in light of this newsLOL

Edited by EPITOME - Dec 24 2013 at 7:33pm
Sponsored Links

Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 7:09pm
When did Red Lobster or Olive Garden become hoity toity?
thewonderfulwa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thewonderfulwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 7:17pm
So does this mean Reb Lobster on 125th will not be opening???
I wanted to see what that was going to amount to i already heard someone was stabbed in Joes Crab Shack.
harley_quinn View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote harley_quinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 7:17pm
I only like the cheddar biscuits
niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 7:23pm
Guess I can kiss endless shrimp goodbye then huh? Ouch
Mz. Mocha View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mz. Mocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 7:24pm
Awww man that sucks
Jess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 7:36pm
LOL
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 7:37pm
all five of them LOL
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 7:39pm
I used to love their bottomless bucket of crab. They would have the special once a year. The one is Seattle was great..but I did go the the one of 42nd street and it wasn't the same. 
Marmonette View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Marmonette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 7:43pm
mannnnnnnnnnnn they got too expensive for me anyway. I went to olive garden for a friends birthday and nothing on the dinner menu was less than $12.99. #BYEFELICIA

Edited by Marmonette - Dec 24 2013 at 7:44pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>