Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Where the LF OG's at?

Post Reply Post Reply
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
NeedTresses View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeedTresses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where the LF OG's at?
    Posted: Apr 24 2020 at 11:39pm
I miss the Good old days, Do any of you "turn up" in here anymore? Ghost mode? cause I've  been goone for months and it's still dead in here. Hollar if you see this
Sponsored Links

Lacy Gal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lacy Gal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2020 at 12:53pm
I'm not an OG but I'm one of the old-timers from back in the day. Used to be checking this forum multiple times per day--even on holidays. How are you doing? Wasn't your twin sister also on the forum regularly also? How is she doing? I pray God's blessing on you and yours.

I still wear lace fronts but only synthetic kinky curl. They require much tweaking because they usually have too much hair. Also, I limit the length to keep the kinks minimal.  They usually last 3-4 months because I regularly snip off hairs that are tangling or trying to frizz up. It's very important what you put on them because they like a LITTLE moisture every 1-2 weeks. Very important that you DON'T comb/pick or brush the hair. Instead you want to gently separate the length of the ringlets with your fingers. Some youtube videos were very helpful on trimming the tangling hairs to make wig last longer. Of course, I don't sleep in them. I applied liquid foundation makeup to the underside of the lace front (like we use to do back in the day with Sally Hansen) on the lace parts and on all lace edges, which have slightly kinky, thin short baby hairs. I wear Milano brown wig grip (the cap that has velvet around the ENTIRE perimeter) under the wig. Sometimes I have to dab a little powder concealer in to fill grids. And as Ashleysmom used to say--always look at your edges (including the back) in an enlarging mirror (I think mine is 5x) in NATURAL SUNLIGHT before you leave the house. Find a place in your house you can use for this purpose. Mine is in front of a specific window.

God bless you all. Hope to hear update from some of you soon.

Edited by Lacy Gal - May 03 2020 at 1:32pm
Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic